Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Uncle Johnny! We Love You!

(Not the greatest pictures... but all I could find! Playing games at the cabin 7/2008)

Today is a kinda sad day! Tonight my Uncle Johnny left this earth after fighting a losing battle with skin cancer.

I know a wonderful reunion took place with my Grandma and Grandpa. In that regard I'm kind of jealous. I miss my Grandma so much. (I was only 2 when my Grandpa passed away.)

I have learned so much from this sweet uncle. He was such a great example of unconditional love, he never spoke ill of others. He was the best example of forgiveness and not judging others! I will always appreciate him and I'm so glad to call him my uncle! I will miss him coming to our Moore family home evenings, trips to the cabin and Sunday visits!

He was going to help us graft different citrus to our existing trees. Now that will have to wait.

Yes, I will miss watching him play games with the family, his scout stories and his laugh. But I know he is in a better place - out of pain and suffering.

He was a good man. The best of men! We will miss you Uncle Johnny - but we will see you again!

Waiting to watch the fireworks! 4th of July 2008

1 comment:

Greg & Colby Lindblom Family said...

I'm so glad you wrote that. That was really sweet. i hope you know how much I love you Diane! You've always been so sweet and wonderful to me. Thanks for being my Aunt!