You've probably heard the saying "Change is good." While I don't necessarily disagree, I do know that sometimes change causes pain. Pain isn't fun.
Do you remember the song in Mary Poppins that goes, "Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down!" Well, there isn't enough sugar in the world to swallow this pill! (Maybe I need chocolate? hmmmm.) :)
Where am I going with all this?
Today I was released from my church calling as Young Womens President.
Good for you, some would say! YEAH! some would say. Congratulations, some would say. But for some dumb reason I feel like my heart is breaking! I really thought I would be prepared when this day came. I thought I would actually be *ready* to be released! What's wrong with me?
It really isn't about being YW Pres. It is about NOT being with the Young Women and their leaders.
I have been so BLESSED to work with some of the most amazing women I have ever met. Please indulge me while I express some of my feelings to them for them!
To Cyndi, Caroline, Heidi, Krista, Jamie and Katie! Thanks for teaching me SO much. For accepting me and always being willing to do whatever the task! You gals are so amazing. I love you and appreciate your friendship more than you will ever know.
I have been blessed to work with other amazing women - Michelle, Emily, Autumn, Mikelle, Jennifer, Lynn, Trisha, Carla, Ann and I'm sure I'm missing SOMEONE! You too, have taught me so much! I love that I have been able to stay in touch with most of you! It has meant so much to me!
Your friendships are dear to me. Thank you. I love all of you!
To all the Adobe Ward YW! Past and Present. What can I say? You are the best of the best! There really aren't words to express how much I love you! As I have had some time to think about *leaving*. I have literally thought about each of you! As your beautiful faces would come to my mind - I have thought "I just love her, she's my favorite!" until I realized I had thought that about each and everyone of you! I mean this sincerely, you really are all my fav's! I love you all and will miss you terribly!
Thank you for being patient with me. For being so kind and so good. You are such examples to me. You will never know what being around you and learning from you has done for my life! You have helped me to be a better person!
To my own sweet daughters - Hillary, Heather, Heidi and Holli - thanks for putting up with having your mom in YW these last 8 years! You have always been so patient and kind to me. You made me feel welcome. I have loved being with you in YW watching you grow and become more amazing every day!
Hope - It's just you and me babe! I hope you can adjust to having a mom on Wed. I know you don't remember (you were only 2!) but I haven't always been gone on Wed.!
Last of all, but never least -Vaughan, thanks for the love, support and patience! I know I haven't been your favorite person to be around sometimes. But you always are there to lift me up. With you by my side I know I can do anything!
I am so excited for Sis. Davis to be the next YW Pres. I was thrilled the moment I heard her name. I love her and know she will be the best! She is so much fun! I am glad my daughters will get to know her, love her and learn from her! She is the best.
So - in this case change is good - for the Young Women at least! I'm excited for them and the new experiences they will have.
For me? Not feeling it yet.
(I wish I had a picture of all the girls beautiful faces, but my pictures are lacking some of them and I wouldn't want to leave anyone out.)
I really should be doing homework. . .
15 years ago






5 comments:
Thank you for ALL that you have done for our Young Women's program... you were the best example I have ever had of what a dedicated, organized, and loving leader does - and I MEAN THAT! I appreciate all the mentoring you gave me - I know I am a better leader than when I first was called and I credit a lot of that to your training. Thank you for all the inspired lessons, wonderful activities, and for being my cabin buddy at girl's camp. If your Wednesday evenings ever feel too empty - I know a sweet baby that would love to be held by her adopted-AZ-grandma ;) I hope you find peace in this change and know that your presence in the Adobe Ward Young Womens will never be forgotten! I love you! - Cyndi
All is well.... All is well.
I have had the greatest experience being in Young Womens -
You have been such a wonderful example to me and I have enjoyed every minute.
You are amazing and I know that Heavenly Father has much in store for you.
On to a new chapter....No I wasn't ready to end this one...it was much to soon...but it't not up to me...(thank goodness).
We will stay in close contact...I'll just have to come hang out on Wednesday with you...we'll have our own mutual...
LOL
Love you Diane!
You've truely inspired me to be a better person(over and over)!
~Krista
On to bigger and better things. Okay, maybe just bigger because I'm not sure there is better. RS? Scary! Whatever it is...You can do it! I can't wait to hear whats next.
Karen
It is so hard to walk away from something that has become a part of your identity! I'm sure there's more work for you to do - hopefully not as RS president... maybe a Sunday School Secretary or librarian instead?
wow, i cant believe you have been released, guess i just cant think of Adobe YM without thinking of you. You were an awsome YW president and I know the YW loved you, I enjoyed the time i worked with you, wish I could have done something diffrent to have you feel diffrently about me. But I guess all I can say is im sorry! But... no worries, I guess I can understand, good luck with whatever new calling you get! Sure youll be great!
Post a Comment