Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Shmalentine!

OK - so I have a confession. . .

I LOVE Valentine's Day! It is right up there with Christmas! I always have so much fun planning the 7 days of love that I shower my family with! Then we always have a candle light dinner complete with the only *holiday* dishes I own! I bought them at target quite a few years ago and they are just so fun with roses and the word love all over them! It was a splurge at the time, but one I've never regretted!

BUT - this year . . . my HEART just hasn't been into it! (No pun intended!)

There is not ONE valentine decoration up at my house. I didn't do the 7 days of love for my family. Every time I thought about valentines day I just felt *blah*. Sad - but true.

But something happened today . . . I don't know what, but at 4:00pm it finally kicked in!

TODAY, I, Diane Durfee would put together our valentine's dinner! The idea's started flowing and I started moving! Typically, it takes me all day to get ready, but with a little compromise and some extra help, (thanks Hillary and Vaughan!) we did it! It wasn't how I usually do things. There were some slight modifications, but all in all I think it went well! I feel better letting my family know I really do LOVE them!

We had a yummy steak dinner complete with candles and heart shapes brownies with caramel drizzle and whipped cream! YUM!

I hope they forgive the little changes.

LESSON LEARNED: Sometimes in life we have to simplify! And it's ok. The world is still revolving and my family still loves me! I'm going to live! :)

2 comments:

queenbee4 said...

Good for you! I hope you have a great day!


Looks like fun!

Hillary said...

Mom, it was so fun and perfect! Everything you do is beautiful. I love you!