So, I have decided to take a survey of my blogger friends. I know how smart, wise and amazing you all are. (Just a little schmoozing if you please...)
Well, spring break is fast approaching. Spring fever - or at least *I want to do something fun* fever has already hit! Unfortunately, the need to be frugal is also in the equation. So my request is -
HELP! I NEED IDEAS!
Does anyone have an idea or suggestion of something to do with my kids? Something fun, economical (I hate this word!), in town or nearby??? ANYTHING?
I suppose it should be legal and moral too.
I have been thinking and thinking. Nothing. But I know if I don't plan and prepare now then spring break will come and go and I will wish we had done something fun. *Sigh*
So, I'm depending on you! Share your ideas! I know you are all so creative and fun! And that is not schmoozing! I promise!
There are no prizes to win! Just a good feeling for helping out a friend in need! PLEASE?
Does anyone have an idea or suggestion of something to do with my kids? Something fun, economical (I hate this word!), in town or nearby??? ANYTHING?
I suppose it should be legal and moral too.
I have been thinking and thinking. Nothing. But I know if I don't plan and prepare now then spring break will come and go and I will wish we had done something fun. *Sigh*
So, I'm depending on you! Share your ideas! I know you are all so creative and fun! And that is not schmoozing! I promise!
There are no prizes to win! Just a good feeling for helping out a friend in need! PLEASE?






7 comments:
hmmm.... I got nothing. My kids usually spend spring break in the pool. What about a museum? Movies? yeah... I'm pretty lame.
When I was a teenager - my parents got this random idea one day to take us all to the D.I. - buy us all some camouflage outfits if we didn't already have some - brown and green work if you can't find all camo. We then went to a park and played hide-and-seek and capture the flag all night long. It was so fun but I don't know if this something your girls would be into to or if it would work in AZ without trees to hide behind :)- maybe go to a more desert-y place. We ended the night eating homemade blizzards. Cheap, good fun!
LOVE the idea Cyndi! Your parents are so fun! I think I can get creative with that one!
Layne - How do your kids swim in March? It's FREEZING still! At least the water is! You aren't lame - you must not need a vacation!!! That concert has you still in a relaxed mood!!!
Thanks for all the help girls!
You could try having a picture scavenger hunt. You split up in 2 groups and you each have a camera. Then you take pix around town doing various things like your favorite movie scene, near and far, etc. Then you get back together and have to guess what the other group's pix are. It is super fun.
I also heard the ostrich festival will be in town around that time in Chandler. Don't know if your girls would like that, but it is something different.
Wow those are good ideas... when all the kids were home... we went camping, that's about it...
Or Bowling....they loved bowling..
I think we are going to be bowling soon...
Damian is taking Bowling online for a PE credit.
Weird!
We are having a staycation this year and my kids decided to turn it into a cruise. We are going to a different "place" everyday and doing activities or visiting somewhere that correlates with the "place." We are going to decorate the house like a ship. They want to set up a souvenir area and a desert buffet every night. The budget is however much change has accumulated in our jar over the last six months. Wish me luck!!!
Darla! Too cute! Let me know how it turns out! That is such a fun idea! Hmmm I'm going to have to think on that one! Maybe modify it for these grownup kids I have! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment