Lately, I've been struggling with some things going on in my life to the degree that I've been an emotional mess. Although I've tried to hide my emotions from my children some of them have noticed. (It's probably hard to miss the red swollen eyes!) (Before you let your minds wander to much just know my health is fine and my marriage couldn't be better! It's really just a little thing I'm making big!) Heidi walked in on a "moment" the other day and in my frustration I went ahead and confided in her. Heidi is a private child and doesn't really let you inside her head too often. She hides her feelings and isn't one to pay me too much attention. At least not publicly. Since our talk she has been smiling big smiles at me, watching me closely and giving me more attention than normal! I've appreciated her concern and love.
Tuesday I went in the office to work on the computer and there was this paper sitting there with the words to a song. I had seen Heidi working on something and so putting two and two together and feeling that she had intentionally left this for me I took a moment and read what she had left. I know she meant it as a comfort for me. And she succeeded. She also succeeded in reminding me how wonderful daughters are. She reminded me how truly blessed I am to have her and others in my life. I hope she knows that I DO know my Heavenly Father loves me and that prayer is what holds me together most day!
I confronted her the next day and gave her a big hug and told her how much I appreciated her sweet thoughts and concern for me. She giggled alot, a little embarrassed at what she had done, but told me they had sang this song in seminary that day and their teacher has shared the "alternate" part with them. She loved it and thought I would too. She was right. And it was just what I needed.
Because I know we all go through "sad" times I thought I'd share the words to the song with you. Who knows maybe it will be just what you need too! (she had it highlighted just like this for me.)
I Need Thee Every Hour
Hymn #98
I need thee ev'ry hour, Most gracious Lord.
No tender voice like thing can peace afford.
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
I need thee ev'ry hour, stay thou nearby.
Temptations lose their pow'r when thou art nigh.
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
I need thee ev'ry hour, in joy or pain.
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
I need thee ev'ry hour, Most holy one.
Oh, make me thine indeed, Thou blessed Son!
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
(Now sing the words to hymn #120 but sing the same tune) This is our Savior's reply!
Lean on my ample arm, O thou depressed!
And I will bid the storm cease in thy breast.
whate'er thy lot may be
on life's complaining sea,
If thou wilt come to me,
Thou shalt have rest.
Lift up thy tearful eyes, sad heart, to me;
I am the sacrifice offered for thee.
In me thy pain shall cease,
In me is thy release,
In me thou shalt have peace
Eternally.
Hymn #98
I need thee ev'ry hour, Most gracious Lord.
No tender voice like thing can peace afford.
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
I need thee ev'ry hour, stay thou nearby.
Temptations lose their pow'r when thou art nigh.
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
I need thee ev'ry hour, in joy or pain.
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
I need thee ev'ry hour, Most holy one.
Oh, make me thine indeed, Thou blessed Son!
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior; I come to thee!
(Now sing the words to hymn #120 but sing the same tune) This is our Savior's reply!
Lean on my ample arm, O thou depressed!
And I will bid the storm cease in thy breast.
whate'er thy lot may be
on life's complaining sea,
If thou wilt come to me,
Thou shalt have rest.
Lift up thy tearful eyes, sad heart, to me;
I am the sacrifice offered for thee.
In me thy pain shall cease,
In me is thy release,
In me thou shalt have peace
Eternally.








2 comments:
Aren't kids the best! I'm so glad she is there for you.
Whatever you are going though, my prayers are with you. We all are in this thing together.
I love the highlighted part, and how it says "depressed" speaking to us in our day isn't it?
Hang in there. I'm always here...I have a great shoulder and a good ear...
I love you and am so grateful to work with you in young womens!
~Krista
Oh I love that! What a sweet girl she is. I hope that whatever is distressing you will subaside and you can feel better!
Post a Comment