Friday, June 6, 2008

My Very Best Girl Friend


I've been blessed with so many friends! Most of them I am related to! But I have a special friend who I'm not related to by birth or marriage and I consider her my very best friend in the whole world! Theresa Bitter! Thirteen years ago I started praying for a friend. OK - that sounds kind of strange, but I was feeling like I just needed a friend! Someone I wasn't related to that I could do things with! And the Lord put Theresa in my life! We had just moved Heather to a charter school and I was commenting to someone I was car pooling with that I wish Heather had some friends. She said to me, "That's funny, you're the second person that's said that to me today! Do you know Theresa Bitter?" I told her no. She told me that Theresa's daughter was in Heather's class and that she was feeling the same way! Well, I called Theresa and invited Maureen over to our house and the rest is history! Heather and Maureen became fast friends and Theresa and I formed a friendship too! I just love Theresa and all she has done for me! She has alway accepted me for who I am. She makes me glad to be me even though most of the time I'm not so sure it's a good thing! :) She gives me confidence to try new things. She helps me be the best me! Theresa is so fun! Everything is better when she is around! I have learned so much from her and really miss her when we get busy and don't have time for girl time! And for those who don't know - her son, James is now my son-in-law! I guess the Lord knew what he was doing when our two families got together! I love this beautiful lady and I am so grateful for all she has done for me! You're the best, Theresa! I love you!

No comments: