
Our oldest daughter is Hillary. She married James Bitter on January 6, 2006. They were married in the Mesa, Arizona Temple. We are so proud of her and the example she and James set for the rest of the family. Hillary is finishing her Montessori Training. She is an awesome Montessori teacher and has enjoyed working with the children these past two years. Recently, she made a job change and went back to work for my brother Marc at MPT -Moore Physical Therapy. She loves this job and is having fun there. James works for two of my other brothers, Brian and Randy at Wesmor Inc. and is going to school. He is working to get his ASL certificate so he can interpret for the hearing impaired. He is getting close and I know he will achieve his goal soon! Then they can work on their next goal! Giving me grandchildren! :)
Heather is 19! She just completed her first year of college at Chandler/Gilbert Community College. She works 30 hrs a week or more for A Child's Place at the Ranches. A daycare facility in Gilbert. She loves her job! It was quite a highlight for all of us when she graduated from Mountain View last May 2007. She has worked so hard
these past 12 years! We are so proud of her and the efforts she puts into her school work! Heather also graduated from seminary and earned her Young Women's medallion! She is paying her way through college and working hard! Heather teaches primary in our ward and loves her little class. It's been fun to watch her grow and learn this year! Heather got her braces off this year after nearly 5 years! She has taken over our little purple car and does very well! She had a small accident shortly after receiving her driver's license so the car is sporting a nice white stripe from backing into a garbage can, but lessons were learned and she was fine! Which is the important part! We are so proud of her and the things she has accomplished this year!Heidi is 16! Yep! That's right! She just completed her sophmore year at Mountain View H.S. Heidi got her braces off this year too! She is anxious to get her learner permit to drive. She earned her Young Womens medallion and has had fun taking piano lessons, dance and playing the
violin! Heidi likes to write music. She wrote a song called "Martin's Cove - 1856" which was inspired by our trip to Martin's Cove, Wyoming this past summer. My parents are serving a mission there and we got to go visit them and experience that amazing place! The song is very special and I am touched each time I hear it and think of the saints that crossed the plains to the Salt Lake Valley by handcart! If I could only use one word to describe Heidi it would be -creative! Everything Heidi does has a creative flair to it! Even walking through the house she is usually doing some dance moves! Heidi is also very good at babysitting and enjoys earning money this way. This summer she and Holli have put together "Heidi and Holli's Summer Fun Camp". They are entertaining kids from 21/2-8 years of age on Tues and Thurs in June. They started this week and is was so fun to watch them plan and prepare. Tuesday was "Under the Sea" and they did lots of fun crafts and activities with the kids! They did a great job with very little help from me or Hillary! I'm proud of Heidi and the beautiful young lady she is becoming!Holli is our 13 year old! I can't believe it's already been 13 years!
Holli is my helper! My right hand girl! She is easy going and sensitive to others. If I'm having a bad day I can always count on Holli to put a smile on my face and give me a hug! She is my ray of sunshine. Holli is the 1st counselor in her beehive class. She is very dependable and organized. She is a little list maker! I love finding her lists around the house. Holli is also good with children. She is just beginning her babysitting career and is so cute with the babies! She has been so excited to do the Summer Fun Camp that she and Heidi are doing. She could hardly sleep Monday night she was so excited. Holli started 7th grade this year at Poston Jr. High. She had a great year and really enjoyed the Jr. High life! She took choir this year! Vaughan and I were so excited to finally have a choir student! We thoroughly enjoyed her concerts! We got a bonus because my nephew Taylor Moore who was in 9th grade is also in choir so we got to watch him too! The Poston choirs were awesome! I was so impressed! Holli decided to join the ward choir too. It's been fun to hear her sing more around the house! She has a pretty voice. She is also taking piano lessons from her big sister Hillary! So we have lots of music playing at our house! Holli takes dance at the Dance Barn. They had an awesome recital at the end of April! Heidi, Holli and Hope were all in it, as well as some cousins! It was very enjoyable and it's always fun to watch the girls dance and see how each year they get better
and better. A year ago in May 2007 Holli had to have surgery on her leg. She had a bone spur that her tendions kept getting hung up on and her leg would swell and be painful. So she had to have it "shaved" off. It was out patient surgery and she did great! A few days on crutches and it seems to have healed and she hasn't had any problems! Whew!
Hope is our youngest at 8 years old! Soon to be 9 this month! Hope just finished 3rd grade at Franklin Northeast Elementary. Hope is all girl! She is hugs and smiles and tears and pouts! A few days before school got out Hillary and I went to Hope's school to have lunch with her. Everytime I looked up Hope was off hugging someone! That's our Hope! Always a hug or cuddle! She is everyone's friend! When I go pick her up from school it
like pulling teeth to get her out to the car! I have to pull her by the hand as little girls are coming up to her and hugging her and saying "bye Hope!" You'd think they hadn't seen each other for months! It's nice to know she is so well liked! Hope takes piano from Hillary and dances at the Dance Barn with her two older sisters. Hope had a great year at school! Probably the greatest highlight for Hope took place last summer when she was baptised. Hope was baptised at Martin's Cove, Wyoming in the Sweet Water River. My parents are on a mission there and they allow the missionaries to have their grandchildren baptised there. It was a beautiful day and there was a very sweet spirit there!
It is something I know Hope will never forget! Hope isn't old enough to babysit yet, but she loves to go babysitting with her sisters Heidi and Holli! They usually give her a little money to thank her for helping! I know by the time she's 12 she'll be a pro! She loves little children, especially, her cousins Brooke and Emma! She's cute with them, playing house, school and anything else they dream up! She thinks having a brother-in-law is the coolest thing and agrees with me that a niece or nephew would be just fine! *hint *hint *wink *wink! Hope is our "most often seen in the dentist chair" child! We could take a vacation to Hawaii on what we spend on her teeth! But she is an amazing patient! She usually just falls asleep while they work on her teeth! I've never seen anyone so relaxed in a dentist chair!
Not even a dentist! We love our happy girl and think she is growing into a beautiful young woman!
And last but not least are Vaughan and I! Vaughan works hard as an electrical contractor for Durfee Electric, LLC. New Home builds are down so he is doing lots of remodels! We are being blessed with a steady stream of work. It's been slower, but things have gotten better the last few weeks. Vaughan serves as the Elders Quorum president. He enjoys his calling, but misses serving in the primary as the chorister! Vaughan loves frisby golf,
games, especially the settlers of catan, movies, music and computer games. He is a hard worker and does so much for his family! He played softball with our ward and had fun doing that! Vaughan is the life of the party at our house! He keeps the house full of laughter and good times!I am serving as the Young Womens president in our ward. In July I will have been the president for 5 years. I love serving in the young women's organization! They are so fun! It's always different and a challenge at every turn! It's been fun being in YW's with each of our daughters and getting to go to camp with them! Right now we are working on getting ready for girls camp! We leave on July 16th. There is lots to do and we're having fun! Besides YW's I keep busy doing the general mom stuff... cleaning house, doing laundry, shopping and taking the girls where they need to be! I love to read, although I haven't done that for a few months! I love to scrapbook, although I haven't done much of that either the last few years! I love working on the computer and have improved my skills through my church calling and my job as an instructor for Coupon Sense. Coupon Sense is a subscription service that tells you what coupons are available and what is on sale at the store and then matches the coupons with whats on sale! Violla! Savings! Using Coupon Sense has saved our family so much money these past 7 years! I can't imagine not using it to shop! I love teaching others how to save money! It's been a very rewarding job!








3 comments:
Hooray! Your first post! See how fun it is! Thanks for the coment by the way, I should have known it would be on the blog too. Mom just wont let up.
Well I can't wait to see what else gets posted. Great job!
Now that this post is finished it is even better! I love it! Thanks for yet again another comment!?! Crazy lady! See ya later.
Post a Comment