Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Little Note Writer


We have a note writer in our house. It seems like every night before I go to bed there is a note left on either my pillow or Vaughan's. Sometimes this note leaver will write a note and leave it for Vaughan even though I am standing right there.

The other day I went in my room and found this note along with a $10 bill:

Mom & Dad This is for some of the times I wasted your time. (in shower). Always Yours, Hope :P (yes - it is either a smiley face with it's tongue sticking out or a heart drawn around the word Always, with her name!

Of course, I returned the $10. After all the kid doesn't have a job and that money is hard to come by. I told her I would rather she saved her money to go to the movies or buy things she need, but to just try harder to not take so LONG in the shower! And a thank you and a hug for being so thoughtful!

At least once a week Vaughan will get this note:

Dear Dad
Please don't make me a lunch.
Always,

Hope D.
(I *heart* (love) you very much.)

She likes to make sure her unintelligent parents understand her notes and always puts explanations by them!

Hope has had a cough and so we have been turning on the humidifier (we call it a vaporizer) and putting essential oils on her throat and chest. Why she didn't ask me to help her - I don't know, but this is another note that Vaughan received on Saturday night.

Dear Dad,
After you get back from the store. please come put vaperizer (thing) on. And then wake me up and give me the oils, please.

Love,

Hope

(of course)

I found all of these notes today while I was cleaning my room. They are precious. I have been throwing them away. But I think I am going to start saving them. Someday we will read them and laugh and remember a precious little girl who in her own way was trying to communicate with her parents! She a pretty smart girl! Vaughan and I aren't known for staying on task with our kids! Too many distractions! With her notes we never forget! She once left the cutest note for the Tooth Fairy after not receiving her money for over a month! That sure did the trick!

I wrote a note to my Dad once that my mom saved. When I read it I remember all the feelings I felt when I was writing it. I wanted some attention from my Dad and he was kind of busy! (He was under a car trying to fix it!) We knew when my Dad was fixing a car you didn't bug him! No way - No how!

My note asked him to take us fishing. Complete with a picture of a boat and people sitting in it fishing! Funny! I don't like fishing at all now! But I do love spending time with my Dad!

Such fun memories! I sure love our little note writer. She makes me smile!

4 comments:

Shayla said...

I just love Hope! She is the sweetest! For sure keep those notes... my parents kept so many from me that just crack me up now!
Please give her a hug from me!

Krista Darrach said...

What a sweet girl....
(like all your girls)
tender mercies....
She is a cutie!
Thanks for sharing!
~K

queenbee4 said...

We have anote writer in our house too. I always save them. I think it's so sweet! I love finding little things like this!

The note about lunch was cracking me up! I love how she feels she has to explain things to you... you are kinda old- you might not get the new slang, you know. ;)

You have such cute girls!

Greg & Colby Lindblom Family said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. How sweet. I love it. haha