Today is Hillary's 24th birthday! WOW! When did she get SO OLD! Somehow, I'm thinking that has to be a type-o! I'm much too young to have a 24 year old. But - it's true!Hillary is spending her birthday at Disneyland with her husband James. We miss her terribly, but hope she is having the very best of time! She sprained her foot the day before she was suppose to leave, so it slowed them down a little and James is having to push her around in a wheelchair, but I have a feeling she is still enjoying herself!
Hillary has always been such a joy and pleasure! I can hardly think of a time when she made me mad! I do remember when she was very little she did something wrong (it wasn't a big deal...) but I remember thinking, "I never spank her, I better spank her 'cause that's what I'm suppose to do." How dumb was that! I'm sure I could have NEVER spanked her 'cause she just never did anything bad enough to warrant it, but in my ignorance and TRYING to be a *good* mom, that's what I did! Fortunately, I learned spanking really wasn't necessary to be a good mom!
Hillary was born with the desire to do what's right and make others happy! One of the things I LOVE about Hillary is how she *loves* everything! When she was living at home she would come home from work or school and say "What's for dinner?" No matter what my answer - she would say, "Mmmm, that's my favorite!" or "I LOVE that!." It was so fun to do things for her because she made you feel good serving her! I really miss that!
Another example, is a video we made of Christmas morning when she was 4 year old! After opening every gift she would exclaim, "Oh, just what I always wanted!" In a high pitched sweet little girl voice! This has become a "family phrase" at Christmas, birthdays or any other gift giving event! But, what a great example of gratitude!
Hillary is so talented - she has made her house a beautiful home. She does her church callings with care and great concern. She is dependable and reliable in every way! She plays the piano beautifully and is a wonderful caring teacher. She is a wonderful sister and amazing daughter.
She is our 2ND Mom! I feel bad sometimes for relying on her so much, but I don't know what I would do without her! I've certainly missed her this week! But I'm so glad she has had some rest and relaxation and that she was able to get away! I hope she knows how much we love her and are so grateful for her! She is the best example to me and I'm so grateful to have the privilege of calling her DAUGHTER! Happy Birthday, sweetie!






2 comments:
Oh Mom,
I am trying sooo hard to not cry right now at work! You are so sweet and I love you so much! I know I definiatly do not deserve all those kind words, but I appreciate it a lot!! I love you and I can't wait to spend family night with you guys tonight! Next disney trip HAS to be with all the family!! :) I love you!
What a lucky lady you are! To have so many wonderful daughters!
I'm happy to have been able to get to know them and have them in my life as well!
What Blessings!
Post a Comment