Last week was pretty busy and it seems like gravity is taking hold and gaining speed as we head into this week!Saturday was spent at Calvacade rehersal and then the performance in the evening! It was so fun and the girls did such a good job. If you are wondering what calvacade is, I'll explain! Picture 20+ pianos on a stage. Sitting at each piano are two pianists. One plays the lower keys and one plays the upper keys. It's pretty amazing and sounds wonderful! (As long as they are all together!) This is a program put on by Desert Valley Music Teachers Association. (DVMTA) We have been involved for 14 years! I think Saturday's event was especially good!
We took the girls and Grandma Moore to dinner at Chipolte before. We had coupons for free burritos! Free makes everything taste great! And after the concert Grandma treated us to frozen yogurt at Ocean Blue! It was yummy and such a fun evening.
Sunday we had Stake Conference! It was really good. Vaughan felt we needed to get there 1/2 hour early. The reward was we got soft seats in the chapel.
After church we came home and made dinner, worked on church *stuff* and then got ready for Moore FHE. We decided to serve waffles. So I cooked waffles from 4:00 to 6:00. Everyone starting arriving and we ate waffles with strawberries and whipped cream or syrup. There were also orange *smiles* from our tree! Yummy. We enjoyed visiting and Vaughan gave a short message. By all the laughing, running around (on behalf of the grandchildren), visiting and eating it seems that it was a success!
This week we have SO MUCH stuff! Choir concert, enrichment, work, school, activity day girls, dance, piano, blood work for insurance people and most importantly Sophia's baptism!
We have been blessed to have had Sophia take the missionary discussions in our home this past 5 weeks. Sophia is getting baptised on Saturday morning at 9:00am at the Mountain View Stake Center. We are having a celebration/brunch at our house afterwards! You are invited if you would like to attend! We are so excited for her! It has been such a neat experience and I have learned so much through this experience! I am so grateful for Sophia and her courage to go forward in faith even though I know she is getting some resistance. She is a strong girl and knows what she is doing is the right thing! We love her so much!
So we will have a busy week - full of good things! I hope your week is full of good things too!






3 comments:
What a fun weekend! We ended up going to the south mountain institue bldg. we thought it was there so by the time we got to our stake center there were NO seats. not even in the rooms so we sat in the Fourier, which is good because the twins were everywhere!!
That is so great she is getting baptized!!
Wow you are busy! Calvacade sounds really neat, I would love to see that sometime. We are looking forward to the concert this week, we will try to be there!
That is so awesome! Good for her! I will try to make it. Hopefully I'll remember!
You've been the busy one.. you'd better go to Enrichment tonite so we can chat and catch up.
Miss you!
~Krista
Post a Comment