Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Baring my Soul! And it's not pretty!

WARNING: Bare with me here - I'm having a moment!

I WANT to clean!

I mean - I really really WANT to WANT to clean!

There is so much clutter and stuff that needs to be gone through. So much that needs to be tossed and gotten rid of.

How does one get the motivation to do so. . .

Does anyone have a secret? Something you do to push yourself through day in and day out. Something that helps you just keep at it until it actually gets done???

I feel like all I do is start over.

I have actually been thinking about literally taking everything out of my house like I am moving so I can clean really good and then put only back what I have to. But I'm afraid I'll never really get it done and I'll have 6 boxes (per room) of stuff sitting there that need to be gone through. Like so many boxes of *stuff* that I already have! (Very sad truth - I haven't moved for 24 years! These aren't boxes full of stuff because I've moved... but boxes full of stuff because I can't get it done!)

*My Dream* - Someday, every room will have minimal stuff. All the pictures will be organized, ready to be scrap booked. Everything will have a place and a place for everything. Dust and grime will be easily cleaned because there isn't stuff in the way! Things that aren't *needed* will be NO more! I will know how to keep my computer clean and organized. I will have figured out a system for all the pictures saved on my computer but not yet printed. I will be able to USE the scrapbook supplies I have purchased. I will be able to FIND important certificates and things I need. I will know what is important to keep and what can be thrown away like receipts and other pain in the neck papers! Hey, while I'm dreaming I may as well add my extra pounds of clutter on my body will be gone too!!

*Sounds of screeching tires!*

Ok - I'm no longer dreaming, but seriously, I really need to find a way to get through all this *stuff*! Motivation... Drive... Advise! I really need it!

5 comments:

Taylor said...

You are the most organized person I know - if you need help then we are all doomed. I totally know what you are talking about and it makes my eye twitch when I think of all the stuff in boxes that I have that need to be sorted. The only advice I have is when you go through stuff - you should only keep it if you 1)Love it or 2)Use it - as for the rest give it a new home. Don't dwell on how long you had it or if you spent money on it - if it doesn't belong in one of those categories... let it go! Have a good day!!!

lizlaughs said...

Your house is so clean and organized!!! I wish my house looked like yours.

There used to be a show called clean sweep on the learning channel and they really did take everything out, clean, then put it all back. It might have been just one room though. Then they divided it on tarps outside with signs that said "keep" "trash" and "give away (or sale)" or something. I have always wanted to do that, but am lacking the motivation too.

Durfee Family said...

I LOVED that show! It was so inspirational!

You are both so nice! But have you ever noticed I don't let you go in my bedroom AND I keep my girls bedrooms doors shut???? The office is a dungeon and I know you've seen that - but you have to have one room that stuff just gathers!

I'm going to take both of your suggestions and keep on plodding through!

THANKS!

Krista Darrach said...

You are an amazing organizer - but you sound overwhelmed. I usually get overwhelmed because:
1. I'm hormonal
2. My expectations are to high
3. I'm actually doing to much
4. I'm not in today
5. I'm creating my own chaos
6. God's not in charge, I am (always a bad situation)

I have to allow myself to be lazy, but I set a time limit (same thing with being depressed too). Then I focus, plan and set "short" goals that are attainable..that way I feel like I'm accomplishing something. (Rid the guilt- don't create it)
You know all this, and do all this. Cyndi's right...you are the most organized person I know.

Give yourself a break, everything in God's time. Stay in today -

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time....
Take a deep breath.
I luv ya!
~Krista

Durfee Family said...

ahhhh! Krista thanks! You're so sweet! I'm going to refocus and remember all the stuff you said!!!

Ready or not here I come Mr. Elephant!