




a little late! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I did! I was so fun. We spent the afternoon and my brother's house. It was quiet and peaceful!
The sisters spent the post thanksgiving dinner hours planning our shopping for the next day! Well, come to find out, AZ Mills was going to be open at 12 midnight. Hmmmm, shopping all night???? Well, it sounded like a good idea. Go shopping, finish shopping by say, 10 am. Sleep for a few hours! No big deal, right? WRONG!
First off, EVERYONE in the state of Arizona decided to shop at AZ Mills. I'm not exaggerating! We left our house at 11:30. We did not get to the parking lot until 1:00. There was so much traffic on the freeway off ramps that we were moving like snails. (think coming home on the 4th of July from up north.) When we got to the parking lot there were NO parking spaces. Every time someone would come out of the mall towards their cars six vehicles would come out of nowhere all trying to get the space! It was insane. To top is off we were in a HUGE SUV! (should have brought a toyota!) We finally scored a parking spot just before 2:00 am and were entering the mall shortly thereafter!
The mall was a madhouse! If you have ever been to Disneyland on an especially busy day. This would have been worse! It was very disappointing! And an experience that I will not repeat! The highlight of the evening was being with my sister and my daughter! Now that was fun! We laughed and made fun of ourselves until we cried we were laughing so hard!
After surviving that experience we decided to head to Kohl's. Hillary and I parted ways with Cindi so she could join up with her hubby, who apparently likes to shop with his wife! Kohl's was a great experience! We did enjoy a disneyland type line, but that's ok 'cause Target wasn't open yet! We got to Target just after we they opened, which was the plan, and purchased the items we needed. By 8:00am I was fading fast! But not Hillary! Oh to be young again! She wanted to go to Michael's! So I drove her there. She also wanted to go to about 3 other stores! My body was willing, but my eyes were not! They were having a hard time staying open! By now, I had been awake for 24 hours and I didn't have it in me to stay awake much longer! I waited in the car while she went in Michael's. I thought I could take a cat nap and maybe feel rejuvenated! But that didn't happen!
We drove home. I crashed, almost before my head hit the pillow. Hillary took Heather and went to finish her shopping! She's such a die hard! I slept so good! (despite a few interruptions!) When Hillary came home she laid down on my bed and that woke me up! It was about 12:30. So I decided to get up and shower - thinking maybe I would go out again and finish up! But, that didn't happen! And I'm perfectly fine with that! There is alway next week to finish up, and I really don't have much more to do!
All in all it was a pretty successful day! But I did learn - staying up all night to shop really wasn't worth it! So, next year I'm back to my traditional shopping experience!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had our 2nd Thanksgiving that evening with the Durfee's! It was fun visiting and seeing everyone. Like I said before! I love Thanksgiving! Now it's on to the next fun holiday! CHRISTMAS! I guess I just love holidays!







1 comment:
You are SOOO Crazy! Black Friday! Well at least you were safe and had fun! Hope you get some rest!
Post a Comment