Friday, December 5, 2008

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas! We've been decorating the house - a little too slowly! Hopefully, we will be done this weekend! But at least there has been minimal stress! So the house is looking pretty good! The shopping is just about done and I'm ready to start thinking about wrapping and baking! I still have some Christmas projects to finish. (shhhh can't give them a way - "top secret" It's Christmas you know!) But mostly I'm just enjoying the season! I LOVE Christmas movies and most evenings Holli, Heidi, Hope and I are sitting in the family room watching the Hallmark channel and whatever movie is airing that night!

My niece had this on her blog and I thought it was cute, so here it goes:

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mostly wrapping paper. Half the fun of Christmas is opening packages!

2. Real tree or artificial? Three years ago we converted to an artificial tree! Best thing I've ever done! I LOVE it! It's alway as beautiful no matter how long it's been up!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Soon after Thanksgiving. Usually within a week.

4. When do you take the tree down?
New Years Day!

5. Do you like eggnog? Not to drink. I love to smell it and mostly I love making French Toast with it! It makes the BEST french toast! We just had some last night! Breakfast for dinner - Yummo!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything given to me by my Dad. I still have the charm that hung from a necklace and my first two cassette tapes - Glenn Campbell and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (think "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head".)

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Do I have a nativity scene? Try a whole room full of them. Our whole living room is decorated with nativity scenes! The Family room is for santa's and snowmen. Kitchen is gingerbread men and candy! But the living room is all about the Savior. I have NO idea how many. I'll have to count when we finish putting them up this year. I use to get a new one every year... but I sorta quit that!

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Heather Anne! She insists she doesn't want anything. Well, that's NO fun! I still don't know what I've getting for her! Arghhhh!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Hope and Hillary! They love everything!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmmmm - I'm not sure. I remember the worst Christmas. It was the one where my brothers looked all over the house finding all the gifts and then told me what I was getting. Unfortunately, I also joined in and we unwrapped and rewrapped presents while Mom & Dad were out for the evening! Hated that Christmas! I knew what I was getting and it wasn't any fun! Because of that experience I don't even hide my kids gifts. I tell them to go ahead and look, but it will ruin your Christmas and you will wish you hadn't. As far as I know they have never peaked!


11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail for sure! I LOVE Christmas cards!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I love them all! I've hardly met a Christmas movie I didn't like... I'm a self proclaimed Christmas Movie junkie! But these are definitely some of my favorites and ones that I own: Elf. Miracle on 34th Street (new and old). Muppet Christmas Carol. The Grinch(both the cartoon & Jim Carrey versions). White Christmas. It's a Wonderful Life. Christmas with the Kranks. The Santa Clause 1, 2 & 3. Santa Clause is coming to Town, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, A Year Without a Santa Clause. Way too may to name!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
when am I not shopping for Christmas? I usually make my Christmas list in August. But officially, the day after Thanksgiving!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, Hillary received the same doll for her 1st and 2nd Christmas. I was so dumb and gave her way too much. After Heather was born I regifted some of Hillary's first gifts which were practically brand new! That is so funny - I haven't thought about that for years!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Potato casserole, fudge, carmels, DIVINITY! Russian Teacakes and ginger cream cookies.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Definitely clear!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I have to agree with Alicia - Josh Groban's Christmas Album. It is amazing! Also, "The Forgotten Carols" Love it too!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay HOME!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen - Rudolph!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We've had an angel for most of our married life - But a few years ago I found this beautiful victorian metal star that I love! So it's a star for now!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not stopping to enjoy it all! I'm trying to slow down and just enjoy my family and all the fun. I alway wish I'd "remembered the reason for the season" more! That's my goal this year!

23. What I love most about Christmas? Pretty much everything~! What's not to love! I wish the magic of the season would last longer. That people would be kind all year long, not just for a month. That the movies on tv would be good, clean, wholesome and uplifting for more than one month! The music, the lights, the crisp cool air! Mmmmm hot chocolate and apple cider! Love it all!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I LOVE Christmas too! Mom, you always make Christmas the best! I can't wait for our baking day!!