Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stars of Excellence

I'm still floating on air over our excellent Evening of Excellence that we had on Wednesday! Everything turned out so perfect and so right. There was such an amazing spirit there. The YW did such a great job. Our theme was "Stars of Excellence". We had gold star balloons and twinkle lights under white tuille on the display tables. Cute star decorations on the tables that everyone sat around! The refreshments table had a cluster of three gold star balloons. We served *finger* desserts! Little cheesecake bites, brownie bites, butter cookies and mini eclairs with ice water to drink. One of our YW sang a beautiful song "To Be Like Him". It totally set the spirit! And then eight of our YW dressed up as women from the scriptures who have been "Steadfast and Immovable" read a narration about their lives and how it applied to one of the YW values - Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Works, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works & Integrity. Between each of the girls parts we showed some of the girls on dvd telling about what they displayed for Evening of Excellence. They did such a great job. There was such a sweet spirit. It was just amazing. I've been to MANY Evenings of Excellence and this one will always stand out as one of my favorites! I am so grateful for this amazing opportunity I have to walk among these Young Women. They do so much for me and help me so much! I'm also grateful to have the YW program and the Personal Progress program as a mother! What a wonderful way to help our daughters return to live with a loving Heavenly Father! We are so blessed to have these tools to help us as parents raise our children in righteousness! Enjoy this song! I've been listening to it alot! (Thanks Jamie H. for finding it!)

1 comment:

lizlaughs said...

This is such a neat video! The Young Women in your ward are so lucky to have such great leaders!