
Tonight for Family Home Evening we read the Family Proclamation and discussed it and what it means as a family. Sometimes I think my kids *know* this stuff. It's been around for awhile so why wouldn't they know it! But all day I have felt like this is what we needed to do as a family tonight. Nothing remarkable happened. It was pretty much like any FHE. Someone fell asleep (besides me... and I only slept for a couple of minutes.), it took us 15 minutes to actually start FHE because there was so much giggling and silliness, and someone's cell phone kept vibrating. (no names - I'm protecting the guilty!) But there was a sweet feeling as I heard my kids answer the questions Vaughan asked of them and they really did seem to "get" it.
What an inspiration this document is. How inspired. Who would have though in 1995 when President Hinkley read this that we would be where we are today. I'm so grateful for "watchmen on the tower". For living prophets to follow and be guided by. For families. And especially for five silly girls and one terrific son in law! (And one absolutely AMAZING husband!)






2 comments:
Sounds like a great FHE. The church is always one step ahead. I love it!
I love your silly girls!
Karen
I love the black and white outfits in your pic, that is so cute!
Post a Comment