Sunday, September 12, 2010

Did I forget to mention . . .

that I got a new calling? Yep. I. did. I was released as the 10/11 year old Activity Day Leader. *sniff* and called to be the compassionate service leader. Not sure why. Except I am sure I have some learning to do. I'm still looking for the "Compassionate Service for Dummies" book. Let me know if any of you locate it.

The problem is I'm following one of the most compassionate, sweet and service oriented people I know. (Yes, Krista - you know you are!)

I already had my first funeral - we ran out of ham.

I work with an assistant, who handles the new babies - she is ultra sensitive and I've already offended her and she called me and gave me an assignment that she didn't want to do and I still haven't done it. (See how compassionate I am?)

*SIGH*

Mostly, I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something, but I'm not sure what and so I do nothing. I suppose that is good - that there is nothing to do - that means everyone is healthy and well, right? I hope so. I would hate to think that I'm not doing my calling. Besides the aforementioned oversight that I really shouldn't be doing but I'm not really sure what it is I said I would do.

Well, that's it. That's my new calling. And now you know!

2 comments:

Greg & Colby Lindblom Family said...

Hang in there :) I currently have a calling that I'm frustrated with as well. It's hard to have a calling that you feel someone else could do better than you at. For instance, I feel like I could be so good at teaching, but I never ever get teaching callings. I always get crafty callings that I am not good at!!!! (you would be) Anyway, the point is... I know it can be frustrating especially when you've had callings in the past that you love and then suddenly you get one that you're clueless with. I know the Lord has his reasons and I'm sure things will fall into place. I love you. You are an example to me. Keep that in mind ;)

Krista Darrach said...

OH Dear Diane,
You are SO amazing.
And I'm SOOOOOO not compassionate and ... well... I am kinda service oriented....but SO ARE YOU!!!

I know what you mean - I did nothing too. It's almost is like an all or nothing calling. When it rains it pours and all of a sudden there are NEEDS galore. Then NUTTIN for weeks or months.
and Psssttt: I had to WORK at finding ways to be compassionate - usually five minutes here and ten minutes there. But remember ... I'm an only child - wanna talk about selfish - like I said... I have to WORK at it.
You ROCK, you're one of my favoritest heros - cuz I marvel at your talents and gifts.
PS: everyone offends her- it's not you. :)
LOVE YOU!!!