By Monday afternoon I was wishing we would have just gone to the movies or something. Anything.
First off - it felt like we were moving in S L O W motion. We got started late on Saturday. Things ended up costing more than I had figured. (I never was good at math) My house looked like CHAOS. I don't do chaos very well. But I really wanted this beautification so I was practicing my deep breathing! LOL.
By Monday I was ready to be done. There was really only so much I could do, so I started working on my laundry room. I painted. And painted. And painted. But I have to say it is BEAUTIFUL! CLEAN! Now, I keep checking to see if there is any laundry to do - nope... Darn kids, can't they dirty some clothes?? (seriously kidding here - but I do go in there and bask in the loveliness!) I painted some cabinets in there that have been there forever. All I kept saying is "WHY haven't I done this already?"
(Here is the before... before paint or organizing)
(White, clean and fresh! Oh, and a few decorations thrown in! Notice the cabinets painted white at the top of the picture!)
Our kitchen update STOPPED because we discovered a leak from our bathroom was coming into our kitchen. Not so fun. After the shock wore off and we realized that we weren't going to be able to continue in the dining room we reconvened in the kitchen.
My husband is my hero. He tirelessly worked into the LATE night hanging the bead board on the back splash and around the bar. He knew I needed to get my house "put together" because I babysit on Tuesday.
It looked pretty good on Tuesday, but it wasn't done. My Dad - my other hero, came Tuesday afternoon and helped Vaughan cut out the damaged wall. He said it wasn't as bad as we feared. The next step is for Vaughan to tear out the shower. *sniff* Then we will assess the damages and see if we can close up the wall on the kitchen side and continue hanging the bead board.
I've decided it was actually a Blessing that we found the shower leak was actually coming into the kitchen sooner than later. This could have been SO much worse. And besides, who needs more than one shower anyway! LOL!
So every night this week, my sweet husband has been working late into the night either hanging bead board, trim or trying to demo a bathroom!
The kitchen got done on Wednesday. I LOVE it. And now I'm more than happy that we started this project. Vaughan finished demo-ing the bathroom Friday night. Ugggg. What a mess. It was pretty bad. But thanks to a sweet son in law - trained by my brother in flood damage - it looks much better and is drying nicely. James helped Vaughan on Saturday install a couple of new outlets and hang drywall on the kitchen side. Vaughan taped it and then we had to leave for a ward party so that is where we are at.
(my back splash before any demo)
(More of the finished back splash - it's beautiful to me! I've already changed those canisters, but I'll post about them later. Let's just say vinyl and chalk were involved!)
(Last one for this post...but I'm not promising anything about later!)
This week we will finish hanging the bead board and I will paint, paint and paint!
And then the fun - decorate, decorate decorate.
I swear it's like taking an energy pill! I can hardly wait to get it all put back together! I'm not changing much, just using what I have and updating it! So, the next update on our update will hopefully be soon!






2 comments:
WOW!!!!!!!
And I didn't hear a thing about it.
Gosh, not a very good friend.
busy busy busy....I suppose.
I'm so excited for you - glad to see you in your element - decorating!
Let me know if you need any help with ANYTHING....
:)
btw.... I meant.
I wasn't a very good friend.
I read it back and thought -
OMG - hope she doesn't read that and think I was saying SHE wasn't. GASP!!
I'm tired, it's late and
I'll stop now...
LOL
Post a Comment