It's been a fun weekend!
Friday night Hillary came over to START a couple of Halloween crafts. It was so fun! We didn't start until 9ish and I thought we would call it a night at about midnight.... but NO! Hillary is such a task master! "We are going to get these done!" Well! OK!
It was lots of fun and I'm glad she made me get them done! tee hee!
Here are the pics!
We got this idea from here. It was SO easy and fun! We got our frames from Walmart, paper, paint and wood letters from Hobby Lobby and we already had the glitter! If we didn't have to wait for drying time this would have taken like 15 minutes to make! It's definitely an Easy Peasy craft!
This was our next craft! I've had several people ask me HOW we did this, so I am going to explain here! We got the link from the above blog and it took us here. We changed it up a bit. Instead of cutting the strips like she suggests in her post, we used one paper (a black and white polka dot) as the base for our project. The cookie sheet (we got this at Walmart for $4) was longer than 12" and not as wide, so we trimmed the paper to fit and we corner rounded the bottom two corners. Then we cut another piece of the polka dot for our topper. We corner rounded the top two corners of our topper. After we sanded the cookie sheet we mod podged the paper down.
While that dried we cut our squares. (Our paper was made by Echo Park Paper Co. We got it at Scrapbook Etc.) The squares were cut 1 3/4 inches. We had 5 different prints. You can't really see them in this picture, but they will be very cute as the candy comes off! The paper we used was printed on the front and back. So we used both sides of some of our papers.
The next step was to mod podge the squares and the top of our tray. While that dried we worked on our numbers. At the blog we got the idea from she has a free print out of the numbers. So we printed our numbers out on white card stock and used a circle punch the right size to punch them out. We used hot glue to glue the clear glass stones on the numbers. If you don't have a punch you could just glue them on and then cut them out by hand. We got our clear glass stones from the Dollar Tree for $1!
We used the Cricket to cut out the Halloween Countdown header. We used card stock that matched our paper. The font is Lyrical Letters - Jack Sprat. I don't remember the exact size. Hillary kinda did this part - she probably remembers, so if you need that info let me know and I'll get it! (Better yet, maybe she'll leave a comment!)
We mod podged the letters down. We used a purple pom pom trim that we got at Scrapbook Etc. to cover the seam between the header and the count down! (SO CUTE!) We put that on with glue dots! We glued the numbers on with a dab of elmer's glue - cause it was on a plate in front of me from the first project! We put them in the upper left corner of each square so the candy would fit! I found a sticker sheet at walmart that I thought would match...and it did! It had spiders eating candy! I used those on the header and the number 31.
Now, the number 31 was treated special. We couldn't fit it on the tray... So we decided to make it longer. We cut the printed paper and mod podged it to a piece of chip board. We mod podged the top of it and then glued it with hot glue to the bottom of the tray.
Vaughan drilled holes at the top for my ribbon and then it's ready for the candy!
After everything dries really well just tape your candy on. I originally just used cellophane tape, but my candy is falling off some, so I am going to try double stick tape and see if that works better!
That's it! It was really fun and went pretty quick! I was in bed by 3am! tee hee!






2 comments:
Yay! I'm totally going to do this. I like yours better than the one on the original blog. Thanks for sharing. Great job!
I LOVED DOING THESE CRAFTS!! You are such a faster blogger than me! ;)
I am trying to remember the exact size and I am going to guess that the Halloween is 2 inches and the countdown is 1 inch. I think on mine I did the H in real dial size, but the rest are regular font my mom already mentioned.
So fun and I will have to try the double stick tape on a couple pieces of candy that keep falling, it is only the same 3 that do...weird.
If you do this craft - you will love!
Post a Comment