Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yay for Fall!

I am loving the cool weather that has finally found us! It finally feels like fall is coming! NOW I can decorate and bring the season in the house!

I started doing a little today. I love taking things I already have and updating them or at least making them look better than they used to! It saves money and helps me fill that creativity need! It makes me feel good using what I already love!

My first project is this holiday tree. I spent hours many years ago painting cute wood cut outs for each holiday. I am slowly changing them and updating their looks! I love how this turned out!

Here is the BEFORE:

And here is the upgraded version:
It looks cuter in person! I took off the rafia and added lots of ribbon! It was fun looking through all my ribbon. I tend to collect ribbon! ;)

Well, I'm off to see what's next!

3 comments:

lizlaughs said...

That turned out so cute. I love the cooler weather!

Taylor said...

A ribbon collector - why does that not surprise me?! Your decoration turned out so cute - I think it is funny how even trends in how we decorate change. Hope you had an enjoyable conference weekend and HALLELUJAH for cooler weather!

Hillary said...

I love it mom! It really does look so so cute!