Not that you read this blog or anything, but this will make me feel better.
I have a confession. I am lame. You most likely already guessed it. Yes, you have not received a visiting teaching message for at least 3 months. You have barely had a contact some of those months. And here it is October 30th and I am again in the same boat.
I have had a darling treat prepared almost the entire month. (Don't worry, it's something that doesn't go bad!) and it is STILL sitting here. I have had every *intention* of calling and setting up appointments each week and I have allowed myself to become distracted until I put it off for the NEXT week.
BUT here we are... at the end of the month - the VERY end of the month once again.
Although my actions don't show it I want you to know I think about you ALL month, I pray for you and I worry about you. I wonder how you are doing. I look forward to visiting with you and learning what is going on in your lives - good and bad. I wonder what I can do to serve you and yet - I do nothing.
Again - I am lame.
So, forgive my lack of attention. I won't make excuses. There really isn't a good one. But I will keep trying until I get it right and do better. Forgive my last minute call and know that it doesn't really mean that I don't care. It's not about just "getting it done!" I really don't feel that way! I really do love and care about you. You really are important to me! I will do better at showing it!
Love,
Your very absent visiting teacher






3 comments:
Diane - I could literally copy and paste your letter to my blog. I was just thinking the same thing. I have dropped off treats to them around the end of the month for the last 3 months. I feel terrible. And here it is again the end of the month.
Not that it's an excuse, but I'm SO GLAD that someone else walks around with this guilty burden! Here's to next month!
Diane ~
YES, I do READ your blog, but it is sporadic as my own life is just as busy and crazy as yours; just in different areas. I appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for me. Personally, I think you are an AWESOME Visiting Teacher and I'm so glad you have been MINE for a long time and HOPE you continue to be MINE for a long time to come!
I think all that you accomplish simply boggles the mind and I stand in awe of you and the wife, mother, daughter and friend that you are. Thank-you!!
Just my two cents!! LOVE YOU!!
Blessings,
Stephanie
Post a Comment