We are loving our garden! My Mom came over a couple of weeks ago and helped me plan it out and get it planted. Vaughan was working in Flagstaff so it was fun to surprise him with the planting of the main garden all done!
We planted sugar snap peas, carrots, green onions, beets, turnips, spinach, lettuce (2 kinds) and radishes. Of course the kids had to come out and "watch". Heidi thought things looked a little boring. All dirt - no color! So she suggested ribbons on the sticks we used to mark each row. I told her she was crazy! But you know how my creative daughter just HAS to make things all cutsie! So into the house she goes and gets the curling ribbon. She has color coordinated the ribbon with what color the vegetables are going to be. I have to admit it has made it easier to remember what is growing in that row!

(Beautiful broccoli and cauliflower! To the far left you can see the little tiny brussell sprout plants!)
Licorice (our bunny) enjoying the winter lawn!






3 comments:
I just LOVE the garden and the yard! I can't wait to have my own someday!
Your garden looks so good! And so does your grass. All of those vegetables sound so good!
Good work - it looks like your garden is doing great. And your winter lawn is my favorite color :)
Post a Comment