Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mmmmm Caramel Apples


I have the sweetest friends! One of them gave me a fun bday gift a few months ago... a caramel apple kit! Being the practical person that I am, I saved it.

In our family it is a tradition to have caramel apples in October for a FHE treat! So, of course I saved it! Monday I pulled out the caramel apple kit and made them. Oh my gosh! Those were the BEST caramel apples I've ever had. I wish I knew the secret! It was some kind of mix that we added butter and cream to and then cooked! It was dee-lish! Seriously, I really want to make these again! They beat Kraft caramels by a million miles!

We thoroughly enjoyed our yearly treat! Here is the proof! (A BIG Thank you Cyndi T.)

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Now I am really wishing I would have got one for myself too - those look incredible! Glad I got a fun yet still practical gift for you!

Love you!

lizlaughs said...

Yum, those look so good!

lizlaughs said...

Hey Diane - I found this recipe for caramel apples that looks good.