Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall in Mesa, Arizona

There is a lot of negative said about our lack of seasons here in Mesa. Heck, I'm one of the big time offenders! I always *wish* we could have seasons. Especially fall/autumn!

Don't get me wrong, I love it here! I really don't want it to snow here. Snow is fine to visit, but I'm very happy that I don't have to shovel it, drive in it or live in it!

Really there is only three horrible, no good or fun to live here months! So, can I help it that I really look forward to fall and the beautiful cool weather that is SUPPOSE to come with it? This has been a very warm fall. Not so fun. So, I decided I needed an attitude adjustment. We can find joy in our Mesa Arizona Fall - right?

How to tell it's fall in Mesa.



Dead giveaway - Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations!



Here, everything turns GREEN! LOVE our winter lawn!


The sweet smell (being sarcastic here!) of the freshly planted winter lawns!


BE-U-TI-FUL citrus. Of course right now it's still green. But if you look closely you can see that the green skin is starting to bleach out and turn yellow! By thanksgiving we will be eating tangerines and grapefruit! Yummy! It isn't Thanksgiving until we open a tangerine Thanksgiving morning while the turkey is baking!
FLOWERS! We can finally plant flowers again!



Carmel Apples. Every October we make carmel apples for a FHE treat! I don't know when the tradition started, but somehow it did, and now it's definitely a sign of fall!

So - we may not have the traditional fall, but we definitely have fall! I guess it's pretty wonderful after all!

3 comments:

Alicia Faye said...

You are too cute. I could use some Arizona fall right now. We had our first snowfall today and I wanted to cry at first, but decided to make the most of it. Hot chocolate, a blanket and a call from Hillary made it a pretty nice day despite the snow.
Love you, enjoy that nice weather!

lizlaughs said...

This is so true. I love this post. It makes me want to eat tangerines and caramel apples.

Zoë said...

I love the colors of Fall up here in Utah, but I love the warm falls of Arizona MUCH better. I hate the cold. I am not excited for living in the snow at all. But I was caught in a snowfall yesterday and it was kind of exciting!