Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 -is at an end!


Goodbye! 2010! It was lots of fun! I have to admit I'm a little worried about 2011...but then I'm not. Anyway, it's coming - so ready or not! I've already been writing down my 2011 {goals/plans} I do love a clean new slate to start with! What about you?

So here's to 2010! Thank you 2010! You were good to me! ((loves))

1. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Actually, I did pretty good! (scriptures read more often..., lost some weight, more to go in 2011, learned how to can, improved my bread making skills, kitchen-improvement almost done!) Maybe 2011 will be the year of finishing stuff! {giggle}

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?

uhhh, duh! But not who I hoped would! 2011???

3. Did anyone close to you die?

No - that was 2009. Hope this isn't one of those skip a year things...

4. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?

money. ok, on the more realistic side, a new (to us) truck for Vaughan. And if I'm very good, a new (to us) van for me???

5. What date from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?

oh, gosh this is kind of hard... there are a few. Probably, Heidi graduating from High School. May 27, 2010

6. What was your biggest achievement of this year?

Food storage - food storage- food storage (pathetic - I know.)

7. What was your biggest failure?

Not being spontaneous. There is always work to do, and I have a hard time taking "time off".

8. What was the best thing you bought?

This has been a year of not spending. But most likely, the bead board that now hangs in my kitchen! I love it!

9. Where did most your money go?

Bills. Blech!

10. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to Women's Conference with my SIL's, sister, mom and daughter! Staying in a hotel and just soaking in the spirit!

11. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier, thinner, not richer or poorer!

12. What do you wish you’d done more of?

purging!

13. What do you wish you’d done less of?

working outside of the home.

14. What was your favorite TV program?

Glen Beck - hands down!

15. What was the best book you read?

I read tons this summer and I've continued reading mostly novels, for pleasure to help me get to sleep. There are two books that have changed my life though: The Book of Mormon made Easier -by David J. Ridges. I finally feel like maybe I can understand what I'm reading in the scriptures. And A Christ Centered Christmas - by Emily Freeman. These have meant the world to me!

16. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Michael Buble' I think I listened to him the most! Although Josh Groban comes in 2nd. His new CD will probably win for next year!

17. What did you want and get?

My kitchen redone. It still isn't finished, but it's closer!

a Garden!

18. What did you want and not get?

A new vehicle - for someone! (Vaughan, me or Heidi!)

a shower in my bathroom.

19. What was your favorite film of 2010?

Chronicles of Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader

This movie inspired me! There were terrific quotes. (who goes to the movies for entertainment and ends up taking notes???)

20. What did you do on your birthday?

My birthdays are pretty uneventful. (they definitely could be approved upon.)

21. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I hate to beat a dead bush. . . money/being out of debt. (I don't mean this in a greedy way!)

22. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?

jeans with a cute shirt, preferably one that doesn't need to be ironed.

23. What kept you sane?

Prayer.

24. What political issue stirred you the most?

Anything about the constitution. I don't understand why something so simple, gets ignored. Enough said.

25. Who did you miss?

sweet friends who move away.

26. Who was the best new person you met?

No one "new". But I rekindled old friendships. My sil Karen!

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

It's all in God's hands. He REALLY is in charge. And most of all, I learned I'm glad He is.

28. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"I am glad for many things, many things, many things. I am glad for many things, that are mine today! Thank you Thank you my heart sings, my heart sings, my heart sings. Thank you for the many things, that are mine today!" Primary song. Simple truths.

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Fun! I am glad you did it! Glad you had a good 2010 - hope you have a wonderful 2011!!!