Spring Break STARTED off great! I had high hopes for all the things that I wanted to do/get done. Why does it always seem like there is so much more to do than time! *giggle!*
I did love Spring Break though. I took the week off from work. We gardened, shopped for Easter dresses, shopped for Easter dresses and did I mention we shopped for Easter dresses. After our third attempt we decided we needed to visit a fabric store, 'cause apparently there weren't any Easter dresses for teen age girls to be found. The girls picked out a pattern for a skirt and then the search for fabric began... it was almost as stressful as finding a dress. When did my girls get SO picky?? Finally, the fabric was decided on and purchased. Thanks to my Moms help the skirts were almost finished Friday and completely finished on Saturday! YAY! They turned out so cute! The girls had so much fun sewing and are already planning the next skirt they want to make! Now we get to go get shoes and tops to go with the skirts! I expect that to go much quicker!
Between the shopping I worked on cleaning my house - many of the things that have been ignored since starting work and trying to get my computer up and running again. It's still a work in progress, but it is moving along! YAY!
I also did some Easter crafting and birthday presents. I made a darling Easter Eggs wall hanging for my bff Theresa 's birthday and I finished my 2nd Birthday banner. (shhh don't tell, but I have 5 more to make for my Moore SIL's!). I refurbished several decorations and I decorated my house for Easter. It looks like spring is here now!
We were suppose to go to the cabin, but that didn't happen due to the huge amount of snow falling on the power box and bending the pole and taking out the electricity! :( Oh, well.
The bad news is I didn't get my coupons organized, my laundry ironed or my bedroom cleaned. Looks like I'll have plenty to do this week!
All in all it was a fun week - not as relaxing as I had hoped. But definitely fun!
Spring Break is all about giving us a glimpse at what summer is going to be like! I think it going to be a fun summer!
I really should be doing homework. . .
15 years ago






2 comments:
Summer will be great! but make sure you take time just for you :) especially now that you are working in addition to being the chief cook and bottle washer!
Glad you had a week off to "relax" *GRIN*
You're awesome...
Post a Comment