Update: Computer stress NO MORE! Thanks to my BIL Bob! Everything is running smooth and quick. We still don't know what's been recovered from the old computer and I still haven't redone everything, but it's SO nice to have a healthy computer again! Now it's onward and upward!Computers should be STRESSED spelled backwards! Our computer has given me nothing but gray hair the past two weeks.
I woke up Sunday, Feb 28th to NO COMPUTER. Yep, it crashed. burned. gone.
It took with it the hard drive, the motherboard and pretty much every thing else. We are still waiting to see if we lost the last 5 years of pictures. (which I THOUGHT were being saved on our external hard drive, but apparently NOT!)
Computers make me feel so helpless. I know just enough to turn it on and use it a little. But maintaining it and keeping it healthy is not my expertise! I feel like a failure some how. OK, I know that's a little dramatic, but it is so frustrating to NOT be able to do what I need to do.
We got our computer back on Wednesday. It really hasn't done me any good to have it back. I am pictureless, programless and now with windows 7 installed I don't know WHAT I am doing. (It took Heidi 20 minutes to find the print button in word... HELLO - did you have to change EVERYTHING Mr. Microsoft???)
I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get outlook to work. (Thank you Bob!) Only to run into problem after problem. It still isn't working. I'm sure SOME DAY it will be up and running. Hopefully, I will still be here. If not, maybe someone will bring my computer to the funny farm to visit!
Thanks for the vent!






2 comments:
But if computers were Stressed spelled backwards, we wouldn't have Desserts! :)
oh you wise and wonderful girl! You are SO RIGHT! I would miss desserts!
Love you!
Post a Comment