Monday, September 7, 2009

SEPTEMBER - A Beautiful Month

September comes with many promises!

1. FALL = Cool Weather

I seriously can not wait until I can leave my doors open all day and feel the cool air blow through the house! I look forward to turning off the A/C and all the ceiling fans. If you haven't done this before- sit down and just listen to the quiet after you turn off the fans and a/c! It is amazing. I always take a moment just to bask in the silence. (I'm weird I know!)

2. My parents are coming home from their mission!

I know, you've heard this before, but this time they have promised to STAY HOME. I am looking forward to having my parents home so much! I seriously miss them. They bring so much peace to my life. They add so much to our family. It's like everything is in place when they are here. I look forward to having the circle complete once again.

3. Dance is back in session!

This actually started last week. But I just love dance! I love they way my girls try out the new dance steps they are learning each week. They come home and show me the new things they learn. I love watching their able bodies bend, twist, twirl, stretch and leap. It is always amazing to me no matter what they are doing! (I secretly always wished to be a dancer!) This year we are cleaning the dance studio and I am assisting on Wednesday mornings with the 4 & 3 year old classes to trade in part for the girls tuition! It's been so fun to watch the girls pitch in and help! They have done such a good job and had such great attitudes! I think it will make dance even more special this year.

4. Piano Lessons!

Not only have the girls resumed their piano studies, but Hillary has started teaching at our home again! It's fun to visit with some of the families that come for lessons. It's a time to reconnect with friends and family. It's fun to see the kids learning and growing in their music studies! I love hearing them play!

5. Activity Day Girls

We met last week for the first time since July. It was so fun. I've had fun preparing and getting ready for them. I have seven darling girls! They each come with different personalities! They come eager to learn and do whatever is prepared. This year we are going to conquer the 13 Articles of Faith and start our memory books. We will work on our goals and finish at least two in each category! It's going to be a great year!

6. Ward Family Outing

Next weekend we get to go camping with our ward! We look forward to this each year! It's fun to take a break and enjoy our ward family.

7. RS Broadcast

I love hearing what the General RS Presidency has to tell us! I look forward to this so much! It's usually just the shot in the arm I need. And of course, the cherry on top is going out to dinner after wards with my mom, sister, sister in laws and daughters!

8. Canning - canning and more canning!

I have been bottling the last two weeks and have more planned! So far my sister and I have bottled peaches and chicken. I hope to bottle peach pie filling, apple pie filling, pears, tomatoes and maybe salsa! I've had so much fun learning and especially hanging out with my sister!

See what I mean? Isn't September going to be amazing? There is so much fun to look forward to. We are still finishing a project that we started - re-decorating Holli and Hope's room! We will be stenciling zinnia's all around the room, hanging shelves and pictures! I will post pictures when we get it done! It's looking so cute already.

I hope you have a fun month to look forward to! September just feels like a month of re-birth to me! Time to start over, clean up and get going! It feels so good!

2 comments:

Krista Darrach said...

You're amazing...and I miss you.
:-)

Hillary said...

Mom you are amazing! Yeah for September! I can't wait to do some of that canning too. We need to do it on Tuesdays~pretty please! :) Grandma and Grandpa coming home is the best especially with it being for good!!!