Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer will soon be coming to an end!

I haven't blogged hardly at all this month! I'm finding that not having a camera takes away some of the fun! I guess I'll just have to get past that!

There hasn't been anything Exciting going on! Just day to day life. Lots of blessings. Lots of cleaning and organizing!

School has started. (YIPPEE! sorry, just had do express a little joy!) I really didn't want school to start. I wanted to continue my lazy, no deadlines or real responsibility life. But I have really enjoyed getting back to a schedule and it helped me feel motivation again.

Do you realize the holidays are just around the corner? A short month from now we will start feeling like cool weather might arrive and if we haven't already, start thinking about gifts to buy and what projects need to be done.

SIMPLIFY.

That is what I want to do. But every time I try it, just doesn't seem to happen. I have decided much of that reason is because of the JOY I get out of DOING. I think I am going to really think about what I do - just because I've always done it, and try to do what is most important and brings me and my family the most joy! It's worth trying. Right?

For now, I'm going to enjoy this last week of August. No holiday thoughts. Just finish the home organization projects that I've started. Well, I'll finish them at least well enough to get through the holidays!

Hey, we've almost made it through summer! YIPPEE

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Thanks for watching the girlies last night. I wanted to let you know that yesterday during our class presidency meeting we were planning a mother/daughter activity and one of my girls said "YEA - Sister Durfee will come." Followed by a chorus of the other girls saying "I miss her." "She needs to come to every activity." and "Can we have her help plan it?"

So - don't ever feel like you are forgotten :) And don't worry I won't make you help plan it - I just thought it was funny that they wanted you to plan it!

Love you!

lizlaughs said...

Oh man, I need to simplify too. I have so many projects that I want to do that never get done because life is so busy. You are such a good example to me.

lynn said...

simplifying feels great! I know our very favorite holiday seasons were when we just took the time to be together...game nights, disneyland (no presents), time with cousins...it is so worth it!