Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yes- I had a birthday!

(I actually wrote this two weeks ago! But I didn't post 'cause I wanted to include pictures! They are stuck on Hope's camera which is currently missing in action! Oh well! I'll have to add them later!)

No matter how old I get I still LOVE birthdays! Well - I love the thought of having a birthday! When it comes right down to it they are usually kind of painful! But later when I look back I'm so amazed at the love and kindness that my family and friends show me!

This year was NO different! It started out with my Mom calling and wishing me a happy birthday and then my Dad got on the phone and asked me if I was turning 25. Of course, that's kind of a stretch! This is my 26th birthday! (Yeah right!)

I enjoyed lunch with my sister and stopping at Target! Visiting with my friend Theresa while enjoying our Sonic Drinks! (Lime limeades all the way! "Could I have more lime please?") Finding the beautiful roses and chocolates hidden all over my house by my sweet friends Emily and Caroline! Enjoying their beautiful gift that brought tears to my eyes! (Thanks Emily, Caroline and Krista!) Talking on the phone to my SIL's, text messages and reading all the sweet FB messages! Vaughan took us out to dinner (Yay! I didn't have to cook!) and then we came home to gifts and cake! Heidi and Holli made the yummiest cake. Turtle cake! Lots of caramel and nuts! Quite the treat! Now I have new books to read and movies to watch! (Cary Grant and "Little Dorrit") I was hoping and wishing for Little Dorrit, but didn't really believe it would happen! What a fun surprise! It's so good!

And you would think it should end there, but no! Around this house birth days seem to extend to birth weeks! So! More lunches to enjoy with friends and sisters!

Thank you really isn't enough! But still - Thank you friends and family! You really made me feel special and loved today! You are all amazing!

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Glad your birthday was so WONDERFUL!!! Hope this year is a great one for you ♥