Then we started looking for the "perfect" bedding! You can't choose paint until you know what the bedding is going to be! We finally found this beautiful bedspread with large zinnias in shades of blue and green! The girls did not want PINK anymore! So pink was totally out! Along with the bedspreads we found pillows to match! The fun part is everything was on clearance! We found them at Marshall's but didn't buy them right away! After looking everywhere I could think of we decided that "these were the ones!" And then hoped that they would still be there!
Then we had to choose paint! The girls and I talked about what we could do creatively in the bedroom. We decided we would make stencils by tracing the zinnias on the quilt and stencil them on the wall. My SIL Tiffany helped me find the perfect blue and the perfect green!
Vaughan and the girls painted the room. They also took the closet door and shelves and painted them white. And then the real fun began! For a full week I started stenciling zinnias on the wall. I'm still feeling the pain!! But by 11:00PM Saturday I was done! As I was admiring my art work... :) the light went on *bing* I knew what would look SO CUTE! I got my glue dots and jewels and started putting them in the center of all the flowers! Can you say C U T E! (I know stenciling is so 80's, but trust me, it's cute!)
We then hung all the cute stuff on the walls and place the decorations around the room. It is really looking cute. All we have left is laying the "new to us" carpet and paint and install the baseboard. We plan on doing that this weekend! (Thank you Tiffany for the carpet!)
I wish I had "before" pictures! But I didn't think to take them! But here are some pictures of the finished project!


This is our magnet board project. They hang above the desk in their room. We had Vaughan screw them to the wall and then I found these cute brads that just happened to match the papers we'd chosen. I hot glued them to the screws to hide them. The girls made magnets to match!
This is the top of their built in corner book shelf. It's my favorite display! I made the round boxes. I was given these paper boxes and was going to just donate them to charity, but I got this idea to mod podge them. I *heart* mod podge! So now we have these adorable boxes that match their room. (Shhh - the big one has chocolate in it! I use it for activity day girls - treats for saying their Articles of Faith!) The candle sticks came from Savers! So fun!







4 comments:
Oh my goodness that turned out so cute! I always want to decorate but I am not good at just choosing something and going with it. I love the stenciling!
Your girls are SO lucky!!! I don't think I had any decorations on my walls when I was their age and I still had a quilt my Great Grandma made for me when I was 5 on my bed...no cute Zinnia's for me!!!!! What a FUN mama they have!!! (& stenciling is not 80's, it turned out AWESOME! love it)
so cute!!! I love it! Good work!
So cute! I love the colors. I didn Heather's room in similar colors. Such a fun and yet placid theme. What a tough project, but great results! I love it!
Post a Comment