
9/11
A day I will NEVER forget. I still remember where I was. What I was doing. How I felt. For days. The erie silence. The empty skies. The anger.hurt.sadness. I remember the sense of pride, humility and love. Patriotism. Prayer.
Hope was only 2 years old. She doesn't remember. Or understand why my eyes well up with tears when I remember. Holli was 6, Heidi was 9, Heather was 12. I wanted to keep my kids home with me. Safe. Where I could protect them and help them understand. Hillary had an A hour. She was a Junior in High School and had already left. I really just wanted my family home with me where I could gather them under my wing. Because then I would know where they were.
I hurt for all the loss. For children who lost Mommies, Daddies, Grandparents. For parents who lost sons, daughters. For friends who lost coworkers. For the loss of innocence. Security. Peace.
Today to honor those lost I will hug my children. Tell them I love them. Offer prayers of gratitude for this country we live in. For freedoms - we should never take for granted. I will be more patient as I drive around town. I will smile at people I meet. Whether I know them or not.
I will remember that it is because of so many that I have the beautiful life that I live each day.






1 comment:
Thanks for writing that, it is a great reminder of that day. I remember that I was pregnant with Cleveland and Brian was out of town for training for work.
I love your new background!
Post a Comment