Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yep- It's offical! Summer is over. . .



WHAT? You say. I don't think so! You say. It's hotter than hades! - You say! Well, I agree with you! It's not ME who is pushing summer out the window! (Although - I have gotten rather tired of the heat!)

Am I the ONLY one who has stepped into Hobby Lobby lately????

Well - today I took a little trip there only to find THE WHOLE STORE FULL OF FALL AND CHRISTMAS STUFF!

YEP! It's true! I wouldn't lie to you! I even saw a Christmas Tree.

Turkeys, Fall leaves, Christmas ornaments galore, and Christmas Tree's! The whole kit and kaboodle! It was AMAZING!

It was also a little alarming! But mostly AMAZING! I even giggled! Yep - a true little girl giggle! I wandered up every isle dreaming of cold crisp days, twinkle lights and hot chocolate!

I truly want to watch White Christmas! And why not - I ask you? I'm thinking it's time to break out the Christmas movies! You know - the ones that make you all mushy inside and remind you that It's a Wonderful Life! and there really are Miracles on 34th Street (and everywhere else!)

Maybe I will splurge for a couple of hours - turn down the A/C until it's cool enough to cuddle under a blankie, make some hot chocolate - with lots of marshmallows and a peppermint stick - and watch one of these movies! Hmmmmm - yep that's just what I'm gonna do!

Who says we can't have a little Peace on Earth, Good Will To Men in July!

"God Bless Us - Everyone!"

2 comments:

lizlaughs said...

It is so true. I saw some fall stuff at Joanns the other day and couldn't believe it. As soon as the 4th of July stuff is off the shelf it is filled with Halloween and Christmas stuff. It does make me think of how much I love Christmas though.

Hillary said...

How fun! I love Hobby Lobby soooo much!! I think we should always have a Christmas in July day and watch christmas movies and eat yummy christmas sweets. Sounds good to me! :)