Friday, July 3, 2009

God Bless America



Happy Birthday America!

I LOVE the 4th of July! I have so many fond memories. But I mustn't forget WHY we are celebrating! As much as all the fun family activities are important - the real reason for the celebration is MOST important!

I'm so grateful to be an American. I love this land I live in. I worry that we are losing some of the freedoms that we have come to take for granted. I worry that we are being fooled to think "All is well" when it isn't! BUT I know we are living in a special place and I thank Heavenly Father every day for the opportunities I have had because of this!

I wish I was more eloquent at expressing my feelings and thoughts, but this will have to do! Thank you - to all who defend this amazing country of ours! Thank you - to those who are trying to keep this country great! Thank you - to the honest and good at heart who love this land like I do and continue to "fight the fight!"

Happy Independence Day!
I love America!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

thanks Diane, for your kind words on my blog and for your words here. We do have much to be grateful for and much that we take for granted. have a wonderful holiday!