Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fun at the Cabin

(My sister and I doing some of that visiting!)
I LOVED my two weeks at the cabin! It was relaxing and fun. I enjoyed all the projects I was able to actually get done! I'm having a hard time getting back in the GROOVE of life and moving forward with the projects I worked on! But it will happen sooner or later!(Travis, Shaelyn, Tanner, Ty and Hope playing games)

Cabin life is the best! I enjoyed reading and visiting with family! The first week Heidi and Holli were at EFY in Flagstaff. So it was just ME AND HOPE! My sister and her family were there at night, but spent the days in Heber at a family reunion. Well, they decided to invite Hope along! Of course she was besides herself with excitement and how could I say NO - I need someone here with me! So I was pretty alone! It wasn't too bad - I got lots done on projects, watched lots of OLD movies and talked on my cell phone often! I had to have some human contact!

The next week was a little more normal! Maybe too normal!! Just kidding! My sister and two of her kids were there, Me and three of my girls and later in the week my SIL and two of her kids came up! By the weekend ALL of our three families were there! My brother brought two of his horses and the kids had fun riding horses, fishing, watching movies and riding bikes!


(Heather and Sophia!)


(Vaughan & Heidi riding Twilight)


(Proof that Tiffany didn't die when she rode Twilight!)(James & Hope riding Cola)(Trevin - kicking back!)

We celebrated Hope's 10th birthday there! We spent Wednesday in Payson watching the movie "Up" and eating lunch at Chili's. We played at the park and then shopped at Walmart and ate dinner at Wendy's! It was lots of fun. On Saturday I made Hope the requested giraffe cake. I'm not sure why a giraffe - but we made it all cute and girly at Tiffany's suggestion. I was going to make it brown and boring! But pink with polka dots it became! It turned out VERY cute and I think Hope really loved it!(Hope's giraffe cake!)
I think we watched almost all my Doris Day movies, all three Gidget movies, Lorna Doone and tons of other great movies. We mostly just watched movies at night! We had fun visiting and solving each others problems! LOL! We made some GREAT food! We tried a new recipe at the cabin - Bourbon Chicken (yummy - thanks Hillary!) and made faux Panda Express Chow Mein! It was fantastic and a big hit! I can't wait to make it at home! I've been craving it all week!(No explanation needed - BUT Hillary reading!)

I think of all our family vacations going to the cabin is definitely a favorite! I'm so glad and grateful to my parents for allowing us to use their cabin! We have some great memories up there! I'm looking forward to returning in July! There are more memories to make and lots more movies to watch! And I sure haven't made all the food I'd like to eat! tee hee! Maybe I'll make cinnamon rolls again! It's just so much fun to have the time to stop and enjoy the surroundings!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I can't wait to go back up there too!! Love this post!

Darla said...

Looks like two weeks of pure heaven. I am going to our cabin next week with my sister-in-law and I can't wait to do all the things you just mentioned, except watch movies--no TV--but we have lots of craft projects planned. Hope you have fun next time, too.