Epiphany - Moment of striking personal realization or insight.
That is what the dictionary says. I would change it to: Moment of striking personal REVELATION AND insight.
So grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears prayers - no matter how small or simple He answers them.
I had an Epiphany today. Doesn't matter which definition you go by, but I want to give my Heavenly Father complete credit. And thank Him.
I've been feeling increasingly frustrated with my life - my surroundings. I feel frustrated with myself, disorganized and out of control.
With the new year approaching I feel like I should be coming up with some kind of plan. Goals. Resolutions for the new year. What am I going to accomplish? What do I want to improve?
The problem: I have SO MUCH to work on. In every aspect of my life.
I could feel myself becoming more and more overwhelmed. On my days off of work it's been harder and harder to get out of bed and "face the music".
But time isn't slowing and now here it is... Friday, December 30th. What have I accomplished towards starting the new year off on a good foot?
Last year I faced 2011 with trepidation. I learned a few days into the new year why and it seemed the whole year was filled with trials and from those trials many blessings. I don't hate 2011, but I don't mind 2012 coming. In fact I look forward to 2012 with much hope and encouragement.
Not that I can stop time or anything, but it feels good to be looking forward to the new year, instead of dreading it! *smiles*
Today I have been unmotivated and feeling like I was wasting lots of time. But mostly feeling like I'm not doing what I should be doing: Planning for the new year. Then a thought came to me to ask Heavenly Father's help. So I did. Just a simple request - "what should I do? what do you want me to do?"
I love knowing that my Heavenly Father knows my heart. He knows me. He doesn't need fancy words or dialogue. Simple. Sweet.
So I got in the shower at 3:30pm to start my day. L.A.M.E. I know. And that's when it came to me.
Clutter.
On word - simple but SO big.
That is what I need to work on.
The word clutter represents pretty much everything that is frustrating me. Boy, does He know me.
After thinking of that word the thoughts just started flowing. I knew what I needed to do - well, mostly.
But now I have a one word plan. Simple. I can apply it to everything that I want to do - my spiritual self, my physical self. My family, work, church, home - MY life!
Awwwww - I have direction. I feel peace.
Best of all I know it's what HE wants me to do.
Amazing how everything falls into place when you put your life is His hands. Now I just have to DO It! (Another amazing man's Motto - Pres. Kimball)
I feel good.
Lesson learned.






No comments:
Post a Comment