I'm enjoying it immensely! It's actually a little cooler - which gives me hope that someday summer will end!
We started fall break today. (Monday - Oct 10) We don't have a lot planned. We are kinda sad that what we wanted to do isn't going to happen (trying not to whine!) But we are still going to have fun!
Vaughan and Heather still have to work. Heidi still has school. But Holli, Hope and I don't really have a schedule!
Today (Monday) we did a little cleaning, grocery shopping and I took Hope and Holli with me to PT. Hope - to get checked out on her "scoliosis" that the school thought she might have. {Nope} she doesn't! I already figured. Holli - cause she's having some problems with her ankle in ballet. Marc isn't sure what's going on, but we eliminated a couple of things.
Tonight we made personal pizza's and caramel apples! Yummers! And watched 17 Miracles! (break out the kleenex!)
It was fun!
Of course we spent the evenings playing games. What game? Settlers of course! Is there any other game? Well, not to my family! hahaha! I like to read and listen in to the conversations while they play. It's pretty funny!
On Wednesday Hope made sugar cookies! Mmmm yummy! She is becoming a good cook!
We tried all week to plan a day trip somewhere. Our choices came down to:
1. Tucson - the Sonoran Desert Museum
2. Flagstaff - various things to see.
By Thursday I thought I was going to go crazy because I couldn't get anyone to decide on something. I like to plan - anticipate the fun. That is half the fun after all!
Finally, on Thursday night - late. We decided on Flagstaff. Mostly because the weather took a turn for the worse. It got HOT! We knew Flag would be much cooler and I really wanted to see Fall! We still couldn't decide on what we were going to do in Flag. So we decided to just get up there and we would decide later.
I dropped the whole planning idea for the rest of the weekend and just enjoyed the scenery and company (my girls and Vaughan) and relaxed.
It was one of the most fun trips I've ever been on! (I'll post about our trip complete with pictures next!)
All in all - Fall Break was seriously Wonderful! Now it's time to get ready for the holiday trilogy!






No comments:
Post a Comment