Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Enjoying the Journey


Don't you just love this time of the year? I do!

Here in Mesa it's finally getting a little cooler - not so much during the day! But it's definitely more enjoyable!

I'm having fun planning for the next few months. I LoVe the holidays. I've been cleaning up a storm. I'm trying to dejunk and declutter! (Who says you have to wait until Spring?)

We are trying new treats like applesauce cake, apple cider floats and licorice caramels!

I made a fall wreath and I'm planning some fun changes to my fall decor. I'm wanting to keep things a little simpler - but I'm meeting some opposition from my girls. They are big TRADITION supporters! ha ha ha!

We started planting our Fall garden this week! We have plans to plant our winter lawns this weekend. I can't wait! I LOVe out winter lawn. Last year we didn't plant and it was the saddest winter ever! I can already feel the grass between my toes and taste the yummy veggies!

I'm starting to feel a little more a part of my ward. And I am enjoying watching Hope make new friends and feeling comfortable with the changes in her life! It's so fun to watch your girls grow and learn new things!

Miss Holli is almost done with a sewing class that she is taking and will be able to wear a beautiful purple dress that she is making soon!

Yep, there is lots of reasons to be happy! I'm trying to find joy in the journey and appreciate the little things! Sometimes I wish we could take a family vacation or do something amazing making memories along the way! But then I remember every day is an opportunity to make a memory! You just have to decide what kind of memories to make! I choose Joyful ones! (well most of the time!)

No comments: