My quest to rid myself of clutter in 2012 continues. One of the things that clutters my life is guilt.
Guilt. Blek. hate it.
It feels heavy. It makes me sad. It slows my progression and paralyzes me.
I have been suffering with this malady for much too long.
It's time to rid myself of this parasite!
This is what I have learned so far:
1. No one makes me feel guilty. It is my choice. So, if it's my choice then I choose to let go of the guilt.
2. Some of the reasons I feel guilty is because I'm not doing things I "should" do. This guilt is caused by my conscience trying to motivate me in the right direction. Unfortunately it doesn't always work for me. So to conquer this form of guilt I'm just going to DO IT. Yep, almost too simple. I chose my top guilt causers and made a plan. Then I am going to be kind to myself if I'm not PERFECT and look at my improvement and not at my failures.
Here are my should do's that have caused me the most guilt:
1. Temple attendance
2. Personal scripture study
3. Family scripture study
4. Exercise
5. VTing
So far - so good.
Operation Clutter is marching along!
(I am only blogging this for me - to hold me accountable and to notate my progress!)
I really should be doing homework. . .
15 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment