Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Favorite 4th of July celebration

The Fourth of July 2011 was spent a little differently than in the past! As it got closer to the day reality set in that we would not be traveling and that I really wasn't feel well enough to do anything too adventurous!

BUT I still wanted to have fun and spend time as a family and make some memories! I got a little idea and I started sharing it with my kids. It went something like this: This year for the 4th of July everyone is going to come up with some food idea for our celebration. If possible, it should have a 4th of July theme.

I told the girls I had seen some fun ideas on blogs and if they needed any ideas I would happily help them!

To be honest, I thought I would be met with some complaints. I didn't really expect that everyone would participate. I prepared myself to be disappointed. (Not very confident, huh!)

This was my most favorite 4th of July celebration ever. Honest. The ultimate best.

Everyone participated. The creativity was amazing! Even the ones that don't usually participate.

Case in point:

Exhibit A.
This is one of my favorite pictures. Yep, our sweet Heather really got into it! Came up with her own idea. Bought the ingredients and went to work! Look how cute her American Eagles turned out...
She - will never really know how happy she made me! LOVED IT!The other girls were great sports too! Heidi came up with Red, White and Blue roasted potatoes! They were really yummy. And yes there are blue potatoes. It almost ended up as red and white potatoes - but Grandma Moore came to the rescue when she found some blue potatoes and brought them over that day!


Hillary made a YUMMY fruit pizza that looked like the flag! Beautiful and delicious all in one!

Hope made these fabulous Rocket Dogs! And yes! they sent you to the moon and back they were so good! Pretty cute too - she had very little help! I was so proud of her!


Somehow I neglected to get a picture of Holli and my Mom! Holli was a life saver cutting the watermelon (a must have for any summer celebration) and wrapping the corn on the cob in foil for the grill! My Mom made a yummy carver's salad and Vaughan grilled the chicken and steak for us!

I saw these cute ideas for some drinks and put those together. (Something I could do sitting down!)
The red white and blue drinks AND the pop rock rimmed glasses! They were fun and added alot of festivity to our meal! I also had a cherry pie in the freezer and made a cute bunting to garnish it with!
I had spent the day cutting and gluing the bunting and the cute banner I found on the internet.
Then James did his part and got the laptop to work on the tv and we watched my Dad's favorite movie "High Road to China". It was so much fun. And a very special way to celebrate this amazing land we live in! We made lots of special memories. It was a day I will never forget!

No comments: