Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break 2011

It's time for Spring Break! We won't be going to Disney Land, Sea World or Knotts Berry Farm. But instead of being SAD - We are going to be glad! (just a little Pollyanna quote!)

The most important thing I want to happen is to not waste a single minute of this precious week. I really want to make some fun memories and do some fun and simple things! I've missed being able to travel as a family - but we can still make it fun right?

Monday - Day 1
We got up, quickly cleaned the house and started laundry. I worked on some paperwork and bill paying! (I really function better in a "house of order")

Our plan for today was to get pedicures or manicures!

Then we treated ourselves to frozen yogurt from our favorite yogurt shop Mesa Frozen Yogurt! We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Moore's for a visit and picked some yummy veggies from their garden!

What a fun and happy day!

Tuesday - Day 2

The girls went hiking with their Dad! They had loads of fun and came home happy but tired! I hear they took pictures, but I haven't seen them yet!

While they were hiking I went to the LDS Store house and bought cans so I could continue working on our food storage room that we started organizing on Saturday!

That night we went to the Drive In Theater in Scottsdale. Some of our kids have never been to a drive in. I failed at taking pictures, but picture Vaughan and I sitting in the back of our van with the seat removed. The three girls snuggled up on the removed seat and Heather sitting in a camping chair - all under blankets eating popcorn and enjoying "Mars Needs Moms" and second, "I Am Number 4" Both movies were "interesting". I enjoyed them, but I enjoyed being with my family more, the great weather and watching my girls giggle and enjoy each others company!

Wednesday - Day 3

Again, the girls got up early. This time to go do baptisms with their Dad. I really intended to get Hope and meet them on the Temple grounds and take some pictures, but again I failed! I ended up sleeping in a little and working AGAIN on the food storage room!

After the girls got home we ate lunch and had our BBC movie day! We watched Pride and Prejudice! It was SO fun and fun to watch with my cute girls who enjoyed watching Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy once again figure it all out and end up together! There is hope in this world after all! ;)

Thursday - Day 4

Heidi and Holli got up and went to dance. Hope and I enjoyed sleeping a little more than they got to! We had planned to have a craft day, but one thing led to another and it didn't happen. We ended up just hanging around the house and relaxing!

Friday - Day 5

I ended up working on the food storage room and cleaning the patio. I finished the food storage room. It looks so nice - and it feels so good to KNOW everything we have and what else we need to work on.

Here is a picture of our room. You probably can't appreciate that it is much more organized because you don't have a before picture, but trust me this is "beautiful".

We had the BEST and most enjoyable Spring Break. I think the secret was in the planning. I also think deciding not to make it a work week for my girls helped! Ha ha ha ha! I just hope they have good memories of our 2011 Spring Break!

No comments: