We spent the month of July in Forest Lakes at my parents cabin! I left July 1st at 10 pm and didn't come home until July 27th. We had SO much fun.The first two weeks I got lots done.
I bottled 3 cases of tomatoes, 3 cases of pinto beans and 2 cases of chicken. I made some wood blocks that say AMERICA. I watched movies and visited with my family.
It also started raining...and raining...and raining! It pretty much rained everyday! It was heavenly. One day we had a pretty amazing hail storm. Being the Arizonans that we are, we took lots of pictures!
I LOVE visiting with my sister and sister in laws. They are some of my favorite people! I think I enjoyed the visiting the most!
My girls spent most of their time playing games with their cousins, riding bikes and swinging!
The last weekend was Pioneer Day, so we went to Snowflake. Heidi and Holli were at girls camp, so it was just Hope, Vaughan and I. We had so much fun. Hope stayed for the rodeo and LOVED it. Could we have a cowgirl in the making???
It's definitely been a fun summer. It was hard to leave the cool air and the carefree life style. (Did I mention that I only wore makeup on Sundays!) But - it's time to be responsible once again! Thank you Vaughan for holding down the fort at home so your girls could play!






1 comment:
Ahhh...NOW THAT is why you like AZ so much! A month at a cabin in the summer would DEFINATELY make it more bareable to me!!! Now all I need to do is convince MY parents to buy one, as there is NO WAY Jake ever would(even if we ever pay off these students loans someday!)
I'm so glad you had such a grand time. The trip sounded HEAVENLY!
Post a Comment