Wednesday, October 22, 2008

DEAD FRED

So my cute Laurels wanted to have a Halloween Party. We decided to have a costume party and eat dinner. Two of the girls have a family tradition Halloween Party where they eat "dead Fred". Sounds morbid I know, but it was pretty cute! Fred's head was a pumpkin and we put spaghetti in a bowl placed inside the pumpkin. Inside his shirt is a basket full of breadsticks (his rib cage!), then on top of a pair of jeans (his torso and legs) was a bowl of salad (not sure what this was suppose to be, but I'm sure it's gross!), a bowl of green jello w/ grapes (eye balls and toe jam) and I made pumpkin bars just because! We had green lemonade (scary brew!) to drink! I put dry ice in it and it looked pretty cool if I do say so myself! It turned out to be a very fun evening. We played a game called Encore after we ate!

4 comments:

McMemories said...

What a fun YW leader you are!!

I love your grateful for many things post! So true how a positive attitude can absolutely turn your day around!! Like when you don't get any sleep from crying babies:)It does help that they are So CUTE!! Tahnkyou!xoxo

Mikelle said...

How fun to see this post. I miss them!!!!I want to come back:(

Dead Fred...um could that have been the Rogers? Sounds like them:)

Was Erin a poligamist? Ha Ha:)

Durfee Family said...

Oh, Mikelle - You are so funny! No, Erin was Anne of Green Gables! The girls were suppose to dress up as something they dream of being! She is the only one who complied! At least I hope Karisa doesn't want to be a cow! :)

queenbee4 said...

I feel SOOOO old! I cannot beleive how old these girls are! They are so beautiful! I wanna come back too!