is change. Seriously, just think about it for a minute and you will agree!
14 years ago we were split from our ward (Crosspoint) and put in a new ward (Adobe). It was painful and very hard.
Hillary had just turned 12. Heather was soon to be 8. And I felt like I had lost half my family. I didn't know ANYONE in our new ward, except the fellow ward members that were part of the change.
Within the week, the primary president showed up at our house with a treat to welcome my primary aged kids. The Young Women came and welcomed our sweet New Beehive, Hillary. I felt loved. But it still took a little time to find our place. It happened though and it turned out to be the best thing to happen to our family.
Our girls thrived in this ward. We were loved and accepted unconditionally. I have made friends and so many memories. I have grown personally and spiritually in ways that I don't think I would have otherwise.
Today. It happened again.
Adobe Ward was dissolved today. A new ward was created. Four wards were completely realigned.
We are now in the Val Vista ward. Some of our friends that we left 14 years ago are in this new Val Vista ward. It will be fun to get reacquainted.
But for today I am sad. Some of my very best friends are no longer going to be there each Sunday. Relief Society will not be the same. Today, my heart is broken. I feel like I lost something very precious.
We all know - know matter how much you intend to stay in touch - life happens. This is really hard. And I don't like it.
But - I know in a few weeks, the dust will settle. In a few months it won't be so awkward. And in a few years everything will be just as it should be. Comfortable again.
And then it will happen. Change.
Another Ward? Maybe this time a new Stake? And we'll survive.
I really should be doing homework. . .
15 years ago






4 comments:
I love this, Diane. You couldn't have said it any better - and it reflects the feelings that so many are experiencing at the moment - including me. I am happy that we will once again be in the same ward as your sweet family though. See you soon :)
Exactly how I feel too! I will miss all those who will not be in my new ward. I will also miss how things were. I will miss you and your precious family!!!
What??? I didn't know ...I knew something would happen, but I thought Becky Temp was just being moved to Stake RS.....wow! I just a month ago was pretty much at my "comfortable" point in Adobe Ward and felt like it was "my" ward........ I'm going to miss so many people!
This post made me teary...I'm sad for all of you. Amy has felt so welcome in Adobe ward & you & your family had a lot to do with that. Thank you for helping her. She will miss all of you! When she came over last night & showed me all the changes...I thought...how crazy the boundries are but I'm sure "they" know what they are doing. Change is hard but you know as well as I do that change can be good...but for now it is ok to be sad.
Post a Comment