The next day, after church, we had planned a family party. It was definitely one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time! I don't remember laughing so hard!
I planned a yummy dinner of potato cheese soup -served in yummy pumpkin shaped bread bowls, salad and steamed broccoli. We also made homemade rootbeer.
I asked each of the girls to come up with a game and I would supply prizes (candy bars). I thought this would be fun and take the place of trick or treating.
Our first game was led by Holli. Charades with a halloween theme! Shocking, I know, but I have some pretty amazing actors in my family! LOL!
Next, was Hope. Her game was pretty cute. She took two lengths of yarn and tied them to the ends of two pencils next to each other. You had to wrap the yarn around your ears like glasses and start pulling them up towards your mouth with three m&m's on the pencils. The goal being to get them to your mouth to eat them! Again -SO FUNNY to watch!!
Then Heidi led us in a game of deadly wink- where someone is IT and they wink at the people in the circle which kills them and the person in the center is trying to figure out who the "murderer" is! We had so much fun!
Our last game was provided by Grandma Moore. She brought donuts - and as is tradition in the Durfee family these can only be consumed if they are hanging by a string from the ceiling!
In the end we were all exhausted from laughing, eating and enjoying ourselves! My kids all said at one time or another that it was the most fun they had ever had for Halloween! I think a new tradition has been born!






2 comments:
Did you make those pumpkin bread bowls or buy them somewhere? They're so cute! Looks like you all had a fun Halloween.
I cheated! I bought them! I bought them at the whole grains store on Val Vista and Southern. (I think that's what it's called!)
Post a Comment