Personally, I believe this is true. For SO MANY reasons.
Today, I was thinking about the "Angels" in my life. I have many. But there are certain ones that I am thinking about today.
Specifically two friends.
I have these pretty amazing friends in my ward. Both are moving. A lump forms in my throat whenever I think about it.
Cyndi is leaving this week. I am really happy for her and I know we will stay in touch through blogging. But it's not the same. Pretty soon her cute, darling, wonderful little girls will forget they ever lived in good 'ole Arizona! They won't remember us or how much we loved having them in our home!
Cyndi is one of those amazing women that you wish you could be like. I am constantly amazed by her creativity, her thoughtfulness and her wisdom. She is young enough to be my daughter but most of the time I feel like her pupil as I have observed her with her kids, heard her bare her testimony and witnessed the way she lives her life. I am so grateful that this Angel came into my life. She has touched my life - made an impact that will always be with me.
Thank you Cyndi for helping me be a better person! I love you and will miss you SO much! Thank you for being an amazing Young Women's leader to my girls. They love you. I know you have made a positive difference in our family. Give your girls a hug for me! I hope you will feel welcome to stop by and say hi if you dare to travel back to Arizona someday!
My other angel is Caroline! I have learned so much from working with her in various church callings. I love getting advise from her. She is so wise.
The economy has played total havoc with her life and her husband is working out of state while she is holding down the fort here at home with her four children. For as long as I've known her she has been a stay at home mom & worked part time teaching dance classes. But she has gone back to work. Not something she wants to do, but does with an amazing attitude and great courage. Watching her and talking with her has helped me with my own "economic havoc". She always has a smile on her face and positive things to say! I know it's not easy - we've talked about the hard stuff too, but her faith is strong and she just keeps moving forward.
We've cried together, laughed and cried some more. She has helped me through one of the hardest years of my life. She loves to tell me I've helped her, but I haven't done anything compared to what she has done for me. I don't know what I would have done without her this year. It was so nice to talk to someone who knew and understood all the dumb things I've gone through this year. I really can't imagine life without her and her family!
I LOVE her kids! They are so fun! They put up with me teasing them and giving them a hard time! (sorry Kate!) I wish I could stop time so that May wouldn't come! That is when they plan on moving. After graduation.
Thank you Emily & Kate - for making me feel loved in Young Women's and after! It has meant the world to me! You are such good examples and amazing Young Women. Thank you Caroline - for seeing me as the person I want to be and forgiving me for being the person I am. For always listening to my whining and showing me through word and action that you really care about me! It has meant so much to me!
I still refuse to believe you are really moving and until you actually pack up and drive away I am holding out hope that something changes and you will stay! But regardless I hope you know how much I love you. I really can't do enough to show you!
My life is blessed by these two angels. Thank you so much Cyndi and Caroline!
When life dealt troubled times and had me down on my knees
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend just to say I understand
Ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
Someone light the way with just a single ray of hope
Oh, I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend just to say I understand
Ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
Someone light the way with just a single ray of hope
Oh, I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love






4 comments:
Indeed! Agree 100%
HOWEVER.....
Caroline isn't moving. I have hope and actually just CAN'T believe she going to move. Until the Uhaul is packed up and I'm crying as I wave goodbye - I'm not believing it. I'm not. *grin*
I think you're one of my angels Diane - and I'm soooo grateful to have been in YW and gotten to know you. (btw... I'm NOT moving *wink*)
Luv you tons!
~K
Thanks Diane. I was having a hard (how am I going to get everything done in 3 days) moment. That was enough to make me smile and cry all at once. Thank you! I will never forget you and the fact that I am a better person because of knowing you (and Caroline too).
The other night, when Holli got done babysitting for us so we could go on our much needed temple date. I wanted to call you and tell you what amazing daughters you have. When I was dropping Holli off and tried to give her $ she said "NO - you went to the temple." I insisted - she refused (like 5 times). Finally I told her I was not unlocking the door until she took the money because we called her totally last minute, she has babysat like 5 times for us for free so we could go to the temple, and I really wanted her to know that I love that I can trust her with my kiddos. It impressed me that she was so adamant on me not paying her since I went to the temple - I know this has something to do with her mom :)
I pray that I have as good as relationships with my teenage daughters that I see you have with yours. I love your family and will miss you all dearly!
Sorry for the novel...
I love them too! And you!
Hey Diane, You are awesome and my angel too. You have been with me sense I moved into the Ward, which has been 10 years. WOW. I can't imagin leaving either. I try to do what Krista always says and "Stay in today". It is sad that you had to tell me that you wrote something about me before I would get onto your blogspot. I feel like I barely have time for checking my email. Thank you for your kind words, and your constant support. I know God specificly put me in this house so that I could be assosiated with so many wonderful people and I have to have faith that if we do move again there must be a very good reason and He will bless me again by putting me where there are good people. Although I can't imagine any place like here. I have so many wonderful people who care about me and my family.
Love you tons, I couldn't do nursery or dance without you.
Caroline
Post a Comment