Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Homemade Bread Goodness!

One of my goals this year was to learn to make bread! I must admit that one of the reasons that I want to make my own bread is economics! Not because I can't afford to *buy* bread, but because I don't want to pay the price they want for *good* whole wheat bread!

In order to accomplish this goal the requirements are that the bread be moist, light and whole wheat! As opposed to dry and crumbly! Basically, it had to be as good as my Mom's! I had my bread making lesson in October at the cabin. The bread turned out amazing! YAY! Then it was time to do it on my own!

It didn't look so pretty, but it tasted wonderful! So, I'm counting the goal as accomplished! There is still room for improvement, but at least the taste and texture are what I was aiming for! I knew I'd hit the mark when I asked Hope if she minded having homemade bread in her lunches. She said no and that all her friends told her she was lucky! I believe she said it like this "luck-eee!"

So I now make 5-6 loaves of bread every two week and it nice to use my wheat AND know that my family is eating something healthy and nutritious and made by ME!


Can't you just smell the goodness? Mmmmmm

2 comments:

lizlaughs said...

Yum! I need a good ww bread recipe.

Hillary said...

mmmmm that bread was the best!! Love ya mom!