CHANGE. It's kind of a funny sounding word! I like the kind of CHANGE that comes when you hand the cashier more money than she actually needs! But that's not the kind of CHANGE that I'm gonna blog about.
On June 17th we received a phone call from the Stake Executive Secretary asking Vaughan and I to come that evening for a meeting with the Stake President. Fortunately, we only had 5 1/2 hours to sweat it out before the meeting! Some of you may have already guessed the reason for the meeting. I did. I have to say I have "known" since April when our 1st counselor in our ward's bishopric told me his family was moving out of our ward. I just had a feeling...
Anyway, we went to the meeting with President Evans and he extended a release to Vaughan from being Elders Quarom President and called him to be the new 1st counselor in the bishopric. Poor Vaughan looked like he'd been hit by a truck! (I can't say I blamed him!)
On Sunday, June 22nd Vaughan was sustained in our ward as the new 1st Counselor. He was also ordained a High Priest by his father. It was a very special day.
That brings me back to the word CHANGE. Although, I knew there would be CHANGES, I didn't really anticipate the feelings I would feel the first Sunday he took the stand and I realized he wouldn't be sitting next to me for... awhile. That's probably been the hardest thing, but then I've been out of town for most of the time since he's been called! I know while I was gone he was basically gone every night doing some sort of bishopric business!
When President Cowan set him apart there were some beautiful promises made. It was very special! These are the words that keep going through my head and are helping me be the kind of wife that supports Vaughan in the way he needs! I am excited for this CHANGE in our life! I know Vaughan is going to do great! He is ready and worthy for this amazing opportunity! I am excited for him and for the growth our family will go through!
And besides, guess who has to wear a Suit to church now! Dang, he's good looking in a suit! I'll post a picture next week!
Keep us in your prayers!
I really should be doing homework. . .
15 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment