Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm NOT going to use the "D" word!




You know what I mean... It has 4 letters. Starts with d ends with t and somewhere in the middle is an i e.

I really don't like the D word. In fact I try very hard not to use it. But sometimes it's just easier. And then someone gave me another way to say it that sounds SO much better "healthy eating plan".

I know, I know it takes longer to say. But I'm ok with that. Maybe I'll burn a few more calories! hahaha!

Yes, this post is about my "healthy eating plan". I started a journey in January to de-clutter many things in my life. So far I'm doing pretty good. It's a stop and go process. Here a little there a little. But I'm starting to feel some progress in my home.

However, the whole body clutter thing just wasn't happening. I've been thinking and even praying a little about what to do. I had been hearing about a "program" that I was considering, but it was a lot expensive... So I wasn't really considering it. But I kept getting nudged in that direction, so I finally asked some questions about it - not sure how to "afford" it. But I finally took the leap feeling like I had the Lord's blessing. I decided to give it a month...

In the first month I lost about 3 lbs. I was a bit discouraged, but something told me to keep doing it. I decided as long as I could come up with the money I would keep going... by some miracle I had the money and I decided to go another month.

The weight loss wasn't so hot. But the inches were what convinced me to try another month. In 4 weeks I lost 3" in my waist, 1/2" in each arm, 1" in each thigh and 1" in my hips.

Not too bad.

I start week 7 tomorrow and I have lost 8 lbs. (I won't measure for a couple more weeks!) To say I am on top of the world would be an understatement! Whoo hoo and all that!

So my body clutter goal is finally happening. I feel like "maybe" I will actually be able to feel better AND look better.

I feel like I have more energy and I'm thinking clearer. Weird.

I don't really have a weight loss goal... I just want to look better. I'm not looking to be skinny. I never have been. I don't really think I'll be able to wear the same size I wore in high school. I'm ok with that. I just want to feel good and quit envying my friends and family that seem to not "feel" their age!

I have learned some things about me on this journey:

I LOVE food. Not just the eating, but the preparing. I miss making treats for my family. It is who I am.

I actually eat pretty healthy. I have all my life. But I've been a meal skipper - and then I snack or grab things that aren't good choices to keep my energy level. Not so good.

I was becoming a sugar addict. I still have a little problem. But I am learning to eat less of it and making better choices.

Because my choices are better, my family (kids) choices are better. We aren't eliminating treats, just not having them as often. Although, old habits are hard to break - and I'm ashamed to say my kids Easter baskets will have as much candy as ever... I tried. Really.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to keep me from eating any! LOL!

My plan for my "healthy eating plan" is to keep going until the end of June. Then I will re-access. For now I will enjoy the journey and I look forward to the time when people other than me will notice! LOL

1 comment:

laurie said...

That's awesome Diane! Unfortunately it seems to take quite a bit for others to notice. But you're right, it's a process.. a journey. Keep at it, you can do it!